Dreamboat (Bucky Barnes)

"Oh, golly." Your friend sighed, staring over at a dark haired man in awe. "He's a total dreamboat."

You rolled your eyes. Sure, he was cute, but Dottie was a bit...khaki whacky. She thought that every guy was a dreamboat, and she wasn't afraid of bringing them home. To the apartment. That you shared. You had definitely heard Dottie more times that you had cared to think about, and you found yourself hoping that Dottie would not be bringing that man home tonight.

Partially because you needed your sleep (you were starting a new job the day after tomorrow and you had to make a good impression on your bosses), and partially because you'd rather bring him home yourself.

You realized that the man was beyond gorgeous (you had only taken a quick glance at him at first, but then you saw his eyes, which were blue and beautiful, and his smile, which was absolutely adorable and recognized that you had made a mistake. The guy was, in fact, a total dreamboat.), and you idly sipped on your milkshake, trying to work up the nerve to go talk to him.

Dottie beat you to it.

She bounced over to the man's table, but instead of talking to the dark haired man, she approached the short, skinny blonde boy that was standing beside him. He was pretty cute, but not as cute as the taller one. Dottie pulled the short one on the dance floor, smiling and chattering to him, her words coming out a mile a minute.

You glanced over to where the dark haired man had been, blinking in surprise and disappointment when you realized that he was gone. You turned back to your milkshake, and almost jumped when you noticed that the dreamboat was standing right next to you, a blinding smile on his handsome face.

"Hello." He said, his voice deep, smooth, and confident.

"H-hi." You squeaked out, flushing pink when the man started to chuckle. Gosh, he and his voice were simply swell.

"Care to dance, doll face?" He asked, holding out a hand, the adorable smile still in place.

"I, um, I'm not much of a dancer." You apologized, before pointing to your toes. "I've got two left feet."

The man grinned, taking one of your hands in his own anyway. "I'll let you in on a little secret: I'm not either. But, I've come to find that if you just pretend to do what everyone else is doing, no one will tell you to stop."

"Really?" You asked in disbelief, a smile starting to tug the corners of your mouth up.

"Oh, absolutely. So," The man tried again, wiggling his eyebrows. "Wanna dance?"

You nodded, and the man led you over to the dance floor, one of his hands moving to your waist while the other kept a firm hold on your own.

A new song had just begun, and you and the man, whose name you still didn't know, started to dance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my," You said, chuckling as Bucky (you had shared names and life stories while you were dancing) led you over to where Dottie was sitting practically on top of Steve, who was Bucky's best friend. "That was fun."

Bucky nodded in agreement, sinking down into the booth with his arm wrapped around your waist. You raised your eyes up, gazing at Dottie. She was smiling widely, nuzzling her nose against Steve's neck. Steve looked slightly uncomfortable, Bucky had told you that he hadn't had a lot of experience around women, but at the same time, he looked really content to have Dottie so close to him.

You glanced over at a clock on the diner wall, frowning when you realized how late it was.

"Hey, Buck," You started, whispering into Bucky's ear. "You wanna walk me home?"