Chapter Five<3

We had just made it down the stairs when a little girl with curly hair walked up to Austin. She looked just like my dad.

“Austin can you-” She looked over at me and quit talking to Austin. She pointed at me and said, “Who are you?”

“This is Alexis, Lesley.” Austin said to the little girl.

“Alexis? Why is she here?” Lesley asked.

I rolled my eyes and started walking away. I walked to the kitchen and Stephen and Kellen were sitting down at the table and Anna was putting a pot of food on a pot holder. She looked at me and said, “Oh Lexi. You can sit next to Stephen.”

I nodded my head and walked to the seat next to him and sat down.

“Lesley. Leave me alone.” Austin said, walking into the dining room and sitting down across from Stephen.

“Fine. I'll go talk to daddy.” She started walking out of the dining room and yelled, “Daddy!”

“So. Lexi. Dad says your artistic. What does that mean exactly?” Austin asked, looking at me.

I felt the boys' eyes on me and looked up at Austin. “Um. I don't know.” I said slowly.

“Me neither. Do you paint?” He asked.

“No.”

“Oh.”

Kellen and Stephan laughed and I just rolled my eyes.

“But daddy. I like it better when I'm the only girl.” I heard Lesley say.

“Lesley. Go sit down.” My dad told her.

She growled lightly but a few seconds later I seen her walk into the dining room and sit next to Austin. I felt her glaring at me but I ignored it and just rolled my eyes.

My dad walked in after her and went into the kitchen. I heard him ask Anna if she needed help and she said no so he came out and sat at the head of the table.

“How is practice going boys?” he said.

“Great.” Austin replied without even having to think about an answer.

Stephan and Kellen chuckled quietly and then Anna came in with the rest of the food.

The food was served and everyone started talking about random stuff. I was just happy that no one was talking to me. I just sat there picking at my food.

“Are you not hungry Lexi?”

I looked up at Anna and said, “Huh? Oh. No. Not really.”

“Alexis. Eat.” I looked over at my dad to see he didn't even look at me.

“I'm really not that hungry.” I said to him.

“You haven't eaten all day.” He said, finally looking up at me.

“Yeah. Well. I haven't been hungry all day.” I said, getting annoyed.

“I can put it away for later.” Anna said, looking at my dad.

“No. She can eat.” He said to Anna.

Everyone stayed quiet and kept eating. I just sat there and glared at my plate.

“Alexis.” My dad yelled.

I glared at him and said, “What!”

“I'm not going to tell you again.”

“You're right.” I stood up and pushed the chair away from me. “You've never been concerned about me before and now that I'm here you think you can just control me?” I snapped, furious.