Chapter Seven<3

"So. The girls from school wanted to go to the mall and have a sleepover and I kinda suggested we could have it here sense there's room but I wanted to make sure it was okay with you and dad first but obviously he's not here so I was-"

"LEXI!" Anna yelled over my rambling.

I shut my mouth and looked at her. I had a nervous smile forming on my lips and she was looking at me and laughing quietly. Then she said, "You can have as many friends as you'd like come over."

"Really?" I said, jumping up and down like a little kid.

"Of course. Your dad and I are happy that you're making friends."

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you."

Anna laughed at my excitement and I hugged her really fast before running upstairs to call Courtney and finish my homework.

***

I was in my room doing my homework when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said, loud enough where whoever was on the other side of the door could hear me.

I heard my door open and Stephen cleared his throat and said, "I was wondering if you wanted to go for a walk with us."

I looked up from my homework and gave him a questioning look and said, "Me."

He laughed at my confusion and said, "Of course. You haven’t seen the backyard and that's where all the cool stuff is."

"Like?" I questioned with raised eyebrows.

"Like..." He said, then paused for a seconds before going on. "The pool. The stables. The-"

"Wait! Stables?"

He gave me a questioning look and said, "Yeah. Horses?"

"I know genius. But I didn't know you guys had horses."

"We."

"What?"

I was confused by what he said and he looked at me intensely before saying, "We. We have stables. Their yours now too. You live here."

I gave him an understanding smile and got up from my bed and took the few steps over to him then wrapped my arms around his waist.

He was shocked at first but he relaxed and wrapped his arms around me.

"Thanks for being so nice to me."

"You're my sister. I have to be nice."

I raised my eyebrows at him. "You weren't when I first met you."

He laughed and said, "That's cause I was young, stupid and a boy."

I giggled at that and said, "I love you Stephen."

"I love you too little sis."

I smiled up at him and he smiled back. I realized that I really did love and trust him. We've barely spoken sense I got here but I felt that I could trust him with anything.

He elbowed me gently and said, "Now let's go. I've got a tour to guide."

I laughed and we walked downstairs with the Kellen and Austen not too far behind. After everything I've been through these past couple days, I actually didn't mind it the more and more I spent with everyone. Hell. I was still super pissed at my mom for just abandoning me out of nowhere but I was realizing it was probably for the best. All these years of dreading the day I would actually have to come to my dad, it was all for nothing. It was like I’ve been here my whole life. This is what a family should be like.