Chapter Sixteen<3

“Lesley! What are you doing?” I yelled over her giggling as she was jumping on my bed.

“Jumping.” She said happily.

“Stop!” I yelled and grabbed her hand to pull her down. She fell down and gave me a pouting look. “Lesley. I was sleeping.”

“I know.” She said, sticking her lip out and looking like she was about to start crying. “I wanted you up.”

“Why?” I asked with raised eyebrows.

“Because... Grandma and grandpa will be here soon.” She had a huge smile on her face. “They always bring me presents.”

“And?”

She scowled at me for a minute before smiling again and saying, “And. You need to get up and get ready. That's what daddy says.”

I took a deep breath and said, “Okay. You can leave now.”

She huffed and then jumped off my bed and walked out of my room; shutting the door behind her.

I got out of bed and put my jean shorts on and my one shoulder sweater. I walked downstairs and went into the kitchen where my dad sat at the table reading the newspaper and Anna was running around mumbling stuff to herself and straightening up whatever she could. I raised my eyebrows and stared at my dad until he finally peeked through the top of the newspaper.

“Morning.” He said cautiously.

“What the heck is going on. I get woke up to Lesley bouncing on my bed. Anna seems like she's going crazy and you... You're just sitting here like nothings going on.”

He laughed and said, “Anna's parents are coming. They're staying here for a couple days.”

“And? It doesn't explain why she's talking to herself.”

“She thinks she needs to impress her parents.” He whispered.

I shook my head and went into the kitchen. I went over to the coffee pot to pour myself a cup of coffee but then as I reached for the pot to put some in the cup my hand was slapped away.

“Ow!” I said loudly while rubbing my hand. It actually hurt.

I looked at Anna and she was glaring at me. I raised my eyebrows and she said, “Didn't they tell you to stay out off my way? I'll get it for you.”

I put my hands up in surrender and backed away from her. She handed me my cup of coffee, pointing to the dining room and said, “go out there.”

I nodded; a little afraid to say anything; and walked out to the dining room.

“I think what she just did should be considered abuse.” I said, sitting next to my dad.

He chuckled and said, “Whoops. I should have warned you to stay out of her line of vision.”

I raised my eyebrows and said, “Dad! She almost broke my hand. Wait. Where is everyone?”

“Um. In the gym.” He said, not looking up from the newspaper.

“Well thanks so much for warning me.” I said sarcastically.

I heard the basement door open and then slam shut and I looked and saw the guys coming into the dining room.

“Careful. Your mother's still at it.” Dad said, not even looking up.

I rolled my eyes and looked at them. My eyes fell on Kellen and my whole body heated up. I turned away quickly and kept drinking my coffee.