Chapter Four

(Calums POV)

I've been in Australia for a month now. Yesterday morning, my dad died. I've been a wreck. His last words were, "Calum, I want you to follow your heart..." And then the beep line came on. He died holding my hand. I didn't want to let go. But I knew he was in a better place.

This funeral was in two days.
I got on twitter and posted

'My dad was my hero, still is, and always will be. I love you, dad! #Ripcalsdad #willbemissed xxx

I got those two hash tags trending. As I logged out of twitter, I had an incoming call from... Luke? I hadn't talked to him since the morning we woke up hungover. I hit answer.

"Hello? I said sniffling.

"Calum, man, I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you. And hey, listen, about the other morning... Calum, I'm so sorry. I was a jerk. You have every right to be mad at me. But to be honest... I don't regret anything that happened at the club or that night. I love you, Calum. And not in a brotherly manner. I really love love you..."

I was frozen. Millions of butterflies erupted in my stomach. He loves me. He freaking loves me back.

"Uh, hello?" He asked.

"Oh sorry. Luke... I've always liked you. I just never knew how to say it because I never knew you liked me back and I thought you would never wanna be friends with me again and I just-"

"CALUM!" He yelled

"What?" I calmed a bit.

"Turn around..."