Chapter 21

(Lukes POV)

Leighton, Jesse, and Kolby are now six months old. They can crawl, stand up, and say 'dada' and 'papa'. I'm dada and Calum is papa.

Calum and I are currently engaged and I couldn't be happier.

I felt a tap on my leg which brought me out of my thoughts. I looked down to see Leighton looking up at me.

I picked her up and sat her on my chest as I laid down on the couch.

She nuzzled into the crook of my neck and fell asleep.

She's gotten quite big. She's trying to walk on her own. The boys can't quite stay standing up for longer than maybe five seconds. Leighton can stay balanced and even take a few steps.

I was dosed off when I heard crying coming from the triplets room.

I carefully stood up with Leighton still in my arms as I sped walk to the room.

I placed Leighton down in her cradle as she was still sleeping. I picked up Jesse who was still hysterically crying. I took him out of the room because I didn't want him to wake up Leighton or Kolby.

"What's wrong bud?" I said bouncing him in my arms, trying to calm him down.

He felt really warm. I decided to take his temperature to make sure he wasn't getting sick.

I stuck it under his arm. It beeped after a minute. It read 100.2.

"That's not good..." I said aloud.

"Everything okay?" Calum came in looking tired. He had just woken up from a nap I'm guessing.

"Jesse has a fever." I said sadly.

"How high is it?" he asked taking Jesse from my hands.

"100.2. Not sure if that's okay for him only being 6 months. Should we take him to the doctors?" I asked

"Probably just a little cold. I have some child's cold medicine from when Kolby was sick last. It's in the cabinet." He said while changing his diaper.

I nodded in response as I grabbed the medicine and came back to where they were. I poured it in a bottle so he could drink it.

"Here buddy" I said putting the bottle in his mouth. I picked him up and put him back in his cradle as he went pack to sleep instantly.

"He'll be alright." Calum said.

"Yeah. I just don't like when my babies are sick. Like, when you're sick. I hate it because I can never kiss you." I said pecking his cheek.

"How bout now?" He said as he placed his soft lips on mine.

"I love you." I said in between breathes.

"Dada?" I heard from the bedroom.

"Guess it's time to wake them from there nap." I said taking my lips off his as I sighed.

Calum chuckled in response.

We both got up and went into their room. I picked up Kolby as Calum picked up Leighton. We left Jesse sleeping since he was sick.

We took them to the play area as Calum and I cuddled up together watching them.

Life's really good. And I couldn't ask for anything better.

My phone started going off. I looked at the caller ID.

It read 'mother'

Oh gosh...

We haven't talked since she yelled at me.

I answered it.

"Hello?"

__________________________

(A/N) ooh cliff hanger. Haha. Anyways, theres gonna be like two more chapters of this story and then I'm going to put the sequel up. I've already started writing it. (:

Keep voting please! Thank ya lovelies! (: