Chapter Fourteen

(Luke's POV)

"Ooh, I've always liked the name, Leighton, or...... PARENTHESES!"

"Mum, thats not a name, that's a form of punctuation, but I do like Leighton," Calum said, while writing down names, I assume.

"I like the name, Jesse, for a boy, reminds me of-" I started to say when I was cut off by Calum's singing.

"Hey JESSIE!

OooooOoooOoOOooo,

Hey, JESSIE!

IT FEEL LIKE A PARTY, EVERYDAY.

HEY! HEY! HEY! JESSIE!"

"Ohhh my, no, Calum, cease and desist," I said, awkwardly patting his shoulder.

I looked at the names he had written down, "Toot, Chair, Bucky, Statue, Eshelawnawhatashawni."

"Calum, these aren't valid names," I reasoned. Calum obviously didn't like that, he threw the notepad down and ran upstairs into his room, crying.

"He may not be a woman, but he sure does get mood swings like one," his mom chuckled, I chuckled, too as I grabbed a bag of Calum's favorite sweets, at least, for now.

Black licorice, dried vegemite chips, peanuts, raisins and glazed cherries.

That boy and his weird cravings and weird moods.

I treaded upstairs and tried to open his door, which was locked. I knocked on it gently, "Calummmm, let me in..."

"No! You're just going to insult me and my choices," Calum said in a whiny voice and huffed.

"I have a bag of sweets," I dragged on softly, there was a long pause before I heard the door unlock. He slowly opened the door and I came face to face with a red eyed, Calum with an almost invisible smile on his face. I 'booped' his nose and walked in. I sat on his bed and shook tge bag of sweets.

He sped-walked over to me and ripped the bag open. I pulled him into my chest and he set the sweets down, he fisted my shirt and huddled tight into me and burst into silent sobs.

"I'm so nervous, what if we can't give our babies the perfect life they deserve, they can't help but be screwed up if they never have their parents around, anf what if people ln befriend them because of their parents, or ridicule them because their parents are gay," Calum sobbed into my chest.

"We will stay right by their side, I'm not sure how, but we will, and they will know we love them, more than anything in the world, because we will."

"I'm just worried," Calum said softly, his voice breaking.

"You shouldn't be, now, lets go back downstairs before your mom thinks something wild, per usual," I said, slightly laughing while standing up.

Calum pulled me back to him by my wrist, "cuddle?"

I laid down and pulled him into my chest as I sang to him, he fell asleep, I put a pillow where I was and told his mother what happened. She left and bid me a goodnight.

I got back uo and replaced the pillow as Calum snuggled into me tighter.