Chapter 5 ~ Sleep with me

I could feel my cheeks gain color while I listened to Ethan's confession and I knew that my eyes must have been as wide as UFO's right at the moment. I had never had anyone coming onto me as directly as this guy and I didn't really know how to respond or even how to react in a situation like this.

After a minute of silence I finally opened my mouth and suddenly I heard myself say:

"I can't believe you actually like me."

Ethan looked at me for a second and then he started laughing.

"I tell you all sorts of things and you worry about that?" He said, chuckling as he took in my troubled expression.

"Well yes... I'm awfully childish, I can't listen for the life of me and I won't remember your birthday. I mean ever. Then there's the fact that I can't cook, not even boil an egg without destroying something and... oh yes I'm a terrible driver. At least according to everyone else... for the record I think I'm an amazing driver. Also I..." I started but I was suddenly cut off by Ethan as he firmly pressed his lips against mine and effectively shut me up.

He smiled into the kiss and I could feel my body immediately relax against him. The air went out of me and when he pulled back I only stared at him in silence. He was kissing me an awful lot this man, wasn't he?

"Thank God that worked... listen to me Matt. I'm sure you have things you're bad at but do you really think that will make me like you any less? Of course it won't! I like you for who you are, both for how you act and for how you are as a person. I doesn't matter if you're bad at cooking because I'm an excellent cook, it doesn't matter that you won't remember my birthday or that you are unable to act mature because I like those parts of you too. Do you understand?" Ethan said, brushing a hand against the side of my face.

I stared at him for a while, my expression probably like that of a dumbfounded moron and I could feel him gaze back at me softly.

"So... you're saying that you like me despite all my flaws?" I said, tilting my head to the side as I regarded his serious face.

"Yes." He answered and I could feel a small smile spread across my face.

"Hahaha seriously you're going to regret saying that when you realize just how many I actually have." I said, chuckling at his amused expression. He may be smiling now but he would surely curse my name by the end of this day. I couldn't help but smirk when that thought crossed my mind.

Ethan laughed at my words and slowly eased his grip around me enough for me to slip away from him. I put some space between us and sent him a small huff when he raised an eyebrow at the action. I decided to ignore him as I started walking towards the stairs and I wasn't surprised to hear him follow me. It felt like he would even accompany me to the bathroom if I needed to go.

When I thought about it I was a bit confused as to why he was hanging around me all the time. It wasn't like we knew each other all that well really. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that he said he liked me?

"Ethan can I ask you a question?" I said, throwing him a glance over my shoulder as I started jumping down the stairs, step by step like a small child. Ethan met my gaze and nodded at me to proceed. I took a moment to gather my thoughts and then I said:

"What I want to ask is... do you like cactus-flavored lollipops? Because I do and I've been wanting to eat it all day. I was good and didn't eat it in the car so I think I deserve to eat it now, right?"

I turned my eyes forward so Ethan wouldn't see me frown at my own ability to always avoid difficult questions. Why the hell couldn't I just ask him about what I really wanted to know? Gahh... I was a coward...