Chapter 20 ~ Insecurities

Matt... ;)

_________________________________________

I must have fallen asleep sometime during the film we were watching because the next thing I knew I was carefully being lifted of the couch while a familiar scent wrapped around me like a secure blanket. I cuddled into the warmth that Ethan emitted and I could hear him sigh in contentment as he dropped into an armchair with me in his lap.

"What am I supposed to do with you... you always manage to rile me up. Don't go cuddling with other men like that my love." He whispered against my ear, his arms hugging me tightly against his chest as I buried my nose against his neck. I was still kind of out of it and my half-asleep self thought it was a good idea to just kiss his skin slightly in response.

Ethan tensed for a second but then he relaxed again and chuckled, his chest vibrating against me with the sound.

"You're adorable... and sooo not forgiven..." He whispered lovingly as he pressed a lingering kiss against my cheek.

I hummed in answer, feeling much more at ease now when Ethan was back again. He was so warm and if I scooted down a bit and put my head on his chest I could hear his calming heartbeats against my ear. Before I knew it I was drifting off and a second later I was asleep again.

[A few hours later]

I woke up to the feeling of something soft pressing against my nose. I kept my eyes closed, too tired to actually try and swat away the thing poking my nose. It was probably something insignificant anyway...

When the soft thing suddenly moved along my cheek and down the side of my throat I groaned and tried to shift away.

"Don't wanna... wake up..." I whined just as the soft thing suddenly became something wet. My eyes flew open at the sudden feeling and I blinked stupidly up into the silver colored eyes of Ethan's wolf.

Wolf... wolf... wolf... wolf?!

"Whaaaaah!!" I screamed, pulling back from the large animal and immediately tumbling down from the armchair we had apparently been snuggled together on. 

I landed on the floor with a low groan and when I looked up I could see the wolf stare down at me with a look in his eyes that just screamed 'that's what you get for overreacting'. 

Damn dog...

"Ethan! Why the hell are you a wolf? No, no, no more importantly, did you find him?! Did you find Ash?!" I exclaimed, almost throwing myself back on top of the big wolf in my haste to get some answers. The wolf, however, just stared back at me blankly and tilted his head at my frantic voice.

"Dammit Ethan! This is not the time to play around! Shift back so I can understand you!" I said, taking a hold of his fur to try and shake some sense into him. He didn't even budge an inch and what was worse... he didn't change back.

What. The. Hell.

"Ethan... I'm warning you... if you don't change back right now I will fucking murder you!" I seethed, glaring angrily at the calm wolf.

He was such an ass for doing this to me! I wanted to know... no I needed to know if Ash was back safe or if he was still out there somewhere!

When the animal simply kept staring at me uninterested I saw red, but instead of trying to hit him I pulled back from him and rose to my feet. I put my hands at my waist and raised a single eyebrow at the wolf as I said:

"Okay, fine... if you don't shift back to your human form right now Ethan I won't let you touch me anymore. Not even a single touch. Are you fine with that, huh?"