Chapter 18 ~ Acting like James Bond

"I... I'm going to... ehh hi and bye!" I squeaked as I turned on my heels and quickly tried to make my escape. It was just that when I turned around I smashed right into something hard and I let out a small 'omph' as I stumbled back again and if it hadn't been for the hands that shot out to steady me I would've probably fallen on my ass.

When my mind caught up to what was happening I raised my gaze and stared up at the man I had just run straight into. He was seriously huge! My eyes widened as he looked down at me and raised an eyebrow in question.

I didn't have time to understand what was happening before a hand closed firmly around my upper arm and I was roughly pulled out of the man's grip and tugged up against a warm chest. Ethan's body rumbled from the growl he released and I tensed against him as I saw his eyes flare silver. He wrapped his arms tightly around me and glared at the man before us.

"Mine!" He snarled and I could see the man at the entrance immediately raise his hand in an 'I'm innocent'-gesture from the corner of my eye. I could feel the tension still present in Ethan's body but he stopped growling when he noticed the man's obvious retreat and I decided that calming him down would mean that I'd get to breathe again. Therefore I reached up and gently patted his chest with my hand.

"Ethan... can't really... breathe here..." I forced out and a second later Ethan's grip loosened, allowing me to breathe freely again. Not that he released me, he simply lowered his arms to wrap around my waist instead.

"Sooo... what's your name pretty?" The grinning guy over by the kitchen table asked as he winked at me and I could feel the frown literally spreading across my face as I glared at him. Who was he calling pretty huh?

"Matt let it be..." Ethan began but I had already pushed out of his hold and stalked up to his friends sitting at the kitchen table. I stopped before the grinning guy and pushed a single finger into his chest repeatedly.

"Do. Not. Call. Me. That." I stated, narrowing my eyes when the guy smiled wider.

"What? Pretty? But it's true though." He said and I couldn't help it as I rolled my eyes and snatched up a spoon, starting to smack him over the head with it.

"Stop saying that you little annoying pup!" I growled, taking a guess about him being a wolf just like Ethan. The guy got a look of surprise in his eyes as he tried to avoid the spoon I was hitting him with and I could hear the two other guys at the table start to laugh at the scene.

"Alright, alright! I'm sorry, okay!" The guy exclaimed and I smirked as I lowered the spoon and rolled my eyes.

"You better be..." I stated seriously and then I turned my eyes on the other two sitting at the table. They immediately stopped laughing and I huffed at their obvious retreat.

"Okay so my name is Matt. Who are you?" I asked, as I put the spoon down and smiled at the new people. They looked at me for a second but then they returned my smile and introduced themselves.

"I'm Thomas, Ethan's Beta and that annoying guy that you just put in place is Hayden, Ethan's gamma. This guy here is Rick and the one over by the door is Zion." A guy with brown hair and green eyes said and pointed at the people one after the other. I nodded and regarded them all before I turned my eyes back on Ethan and gave him a searching look.

"Why are your friends here so early Ethan and why didn't you warn me?" I asked with a pout and I could hear Hayden couch to try and hide his laugh as Ethan gave me a sheepish look.

"Eh... I was going to but you walked in before I could say anything. Don't worry though they know you're mine." He said like it was the most normal thing in the world. Asshole...