Chapter 39 ~ Dream

The party was clearly a great success and Ethan couldn't have been happier about all the nice compliments his decorations got him. He was grinning more than Ash did when we yelled SURPRISE at him and that says a lot, trust me. It was nice though, seeing them so happy. Parties are really great. They lift the mood like nothing else. The only bad thing was that I was not getting better. Actually I felt even more strange as the day progressed and I was starting to doubt that keeping it from Ethan was such a good idea. Maybe a doctor's visit was necessary after all?

I managed to play my part all the way up to the cutting of the cake. The scent of the sweet treat was making me nauseous and I excused myself from the table when I thought no one was paying attention. I ended up sitting on the floor of the bathroom for awhile trying to think positively.

Maybe this was some sort of cold? Maybe it was just a bug and I would feel totally fine in a few more days. For some reason my mind seemed to doubt it though and for once I decided to be smart about this.

When I got back to the party I sought out Ethan and pulled slightly on his shirt to get his attention. He turned to me with a smile that quickly disappeared when he saw my face.

"What's wrong baby?" He asked, worry tainting his voice and I cursed inside my head. I obviously must look pretty bad if his mood could change like that just by catching sight of my face.

Great...

"I think I need a doctor Ethan..." I said lowly, trying not to alert anyone else so this wouldn't ruin the party. My mate seemed to have other thoughts though.

"What?! You told me you were fine Matthew! Don't tell me you were lying to me this morning?"

I winced at his loud voice, grimacing when the people closest to us turned to stare our way.

"Well... lying is a strong word isn't it? I tried, sending my mate a hopeful look when he narrowed his eyes on my face.

"We're going to go see Justin." Ethan suddenly stated, grabbing a hold of my arm and hoisting me up so he could carry me like a child. I was sick not disabled... but oh well.

"But I don't like him Ethan..." I whined, pouting when Ethan also grimaced. I'm sure he hadn't forgotten the last time I met the pack doctor and he stole a kiss from me to Ethan's obvious fury. Haha I wasn't the only one who didn't like doctors now.

"Trust me Matt... if I knew a better doctor I'd chose anyone but him." My mate grumbled and I rolled my eyes in amusement. I wasn't sure if he was complementing Justin on being a capable doctor or telling me how troublesome he was. Probably both.

Ethan took me back to our room and gently placed me down on the bed. Then he suddenly zoned out and I figured he was doing some freaky wolf-thing to contact the pack doctor. When Ethan finally zoned back to the present and shot me a serious look I sighed.

"He's on his way but it might take about twenty minutes." He stated, crawling up beside me on the bed and lying down before he tugged me up to lean against him. I cuddled closer and breathed in his scent as he wrapped the covers around us both.

"It's fine... I feel better when you're close to me like this." I stated with a yawn, closing my eyes when Ethan started carding his fingers slowly through my hair. He hummed in answer and kept petting me slowly.

"Tell me if you feel sick again and I'll help you to the toilet okay?" Ethan stated and I opened my eyes just to roll them at him.

"No, I'll just throw up here on the bed." I answered dryly, smirking when Ethan shook his head at me. When he didn't bother to answer me I closed my eyes again and relaxed against him. It was strange but I really did feel better just having Ethan close like this. Don't get me wrong I was still feeling under the weather but it wasn't as bad as before.