Chapter 19 ~ Luna?

The next morning I woke to an empty bed and I realized that Ethan must have slipped out while I was still out cold. I stared up at the ceiling above the bed for a while thinking about the events that occurred yesterday.

Yes it had been a stupid plan to try and take the car but I couldn't find it in me to actually regret my actions. Ethan was a great guy, he really was. The thing was that he had to realize that I was a great guy too and that I wouldn't just take off somewhere and never come back. I wasn't that coldhearted...

He also needed to realize that I had a family that I would have to get home to, sooner rather than later, not because I missed them terribly or something like that it was just that my mother needed our car back by Monday.

Right... that reminded me about the fact that my car was still parked at the petrol filling station where Ethan first found me. Great... now I needed him to give me a ride to my own car for me to be able to go home. Well... I guess it would be best if I tried to speak to Ethan again about me not being someone he could just keep caged in his house like a pet bird. I was a free spirit who needed my freedom just like any other man.

I rolled to the side of the bed and with a slight groan I tried to rise with at least a bit of dignity. I wasn't really able to pull it off though with how much my ass and lower back were aching... fuck he surely knew how to deliver a punishment... or wait... hadn't it been pretty hot too... ehh well let's leave it at that for now.

I slowly made my way over to the discarded clothes that Ethan had ripped off me last night in his anger. I slipped the shirt over my head but ignored the boxers and the pants. Instead I made my way over to the closet and searched through it for a new pair of boxers. I sighed as I regarded the rows of pants and then I rolled my eyes. I didn't want to be forced to wear those because they were seriously too big to actually fit.

I closed the closet and moved over to the bathroom. When I had finished my business there I walked over to the door which would lead me out of this room and I was a bit surprised to realize that it wasn't locked. I guess Ethan might have had a change of heart?

When I reached the main floor I realized that that wasn't the case at all...

"He left you here to 'look after me' huh?" I muttered, glaring slightly at the four guys who were all sitting around the kitchen table. Hayden were the first to look over at me standing in the entrance and he smirked when he noticed my annoyed expression.

"You know it sweetheart." He answered and I couldn't help but roll my eyes at his teasing voice. Instead of answering him though I made my way over to the fridge and I could feel eyes on me as I moved.

"Wow he didn't go easy on you did he?" Hayden chuckled and I knew he had probably noticed my slight limping. God damn him...

"Shut up..." I grumbled under my breath and I could hear the guys laugh from behind me. Assholes...

"Ethan said to tell you that if you needed something you should ask us about it." Thomas said when I poured a glass of milk and made myself a sandwich. I glanced over at him and sighed at his serious face. It wasn't really their fault that my mate was an overbearing jerk so I guess that I shouldn't really take my anger out on them.

"Okay... can I get some pants then?" I asked and I could see them all regard my lack of clothing on my lower body. For some reason I felt a need to blush which made them snicker in amusement. Like I thought before... assholes...

"I guess one of us can take the car and drive into town later." Thomas finally answered and I gave him a pleading look.

"Can't I come too?" I asked and I immediately received an 'are you stupid'-look from Thomas. Hmpf... he could at least be a bit more delicate about it couldn't he?