Chapter 22 - Broken Record Nightmare

In my dream, Aunt Mae was telling me to go buy an apple at the supermarket, but I didn't want to leave her alone.

"Please," I begged her. "You'll be vulnerable! I need to protect you."

She shook her head. "No, Pepper. You need to be independent. Go."

I disagreed and rooted myself to the spot. I would most certainly not leave her alone. It wasn't going to happen. She needed my protection.

A pinkish fog rolled in.

Aunt Mae laughed and came forward. She put her hands on my shoulders and began to push me towards the door. Lightly at first, then more and more pressure was applied.

I panicked, but held my ground.

Gradually, her laugh became higher and louder. I squeezed my eyes shut and clamped my hands around my ears, still resisting her.

I had to stay. She couldn't be left alone.

I opened my eyes just as her laughter became unbearable. Aunt Mae had transformed into Marceline. I gasped and stumbled away.

"I murdered your precious uncle," Marceline said, leaning in. "His pleading cries were pitiful. Your Uncle Ben is no more."

She tossed me a flashing pink apple and vanished in a column of smoke and flame. On instinct, I caught the strange apple. As soon as I touched it, I was transported into the apartment's kitchen. Aunt Mae walked in and rushed over to hug me.

Her outstretched arms made contact with my skin and the apple. It exploded in a neon flash of flame. I heard my aunt scream.

Then I was back in the living room, Aunt Mae asking me to go get an apple.

The nightmare repeated itself over and over, each time getting more painful and gory.

"MAKE IT STOP!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<·<Pepper_B_Parker*Alias:_Spyder*Position:_S.H.I.E.L.D._agent>·>

So... I hate everything about this chapter. Everything. Writing it, reading it, recalling it.

EVERYTHING.