Chapter 36 - The (Relatively Short) Talk

A/N: The above concept art was made early on by the talented Awoken_death11.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I resisted the urge to snort. "With what?"

"With your background," Natasha said. "What did you think? College plans?"

I blinked under my mask, then frowned. "Well, what if I don't feel like sharing that information right now? Will I get strapped to another table and tortured? Again?"

If no one could tell, I really didn't want to to back on that freezing metal slabby excuse for a table.

Natasha looked taken aback. "No, no. That was just Fury's way of saying welcome. But if you don't feel comfortable talking about that right now, let's move to more recent events. First of all, how did you get all of your... abilities?"

I folded my arms. "I got bitten by a genetically advanced three-way hybrid spider. Why do you care?"

She tapped the bracelet on her wrist. "This is recording everything you say to store away for later use. So, on with the questions. Do you have an arch enemy?"

I nearly jumped out of my skin. "Uh, well, kind of," I said reluctantly. "She used to be a friend of mine, but then something just... happened."

Widow knit her eyebrows. "Is that who was flying around earlier?"

I sighed. "Yeah, at m- at the apartment complex. With my au- I mean, some old lady tied up. Yeah, that's her." I paused. "Do you know where they are?"

Agent Romanoff stared at me for a second. "Yes, I know where both of them are, but we'll talk about that later. But now, let's discuss the very intriguing subject of where you came from, what you are, and what your plans are."

"So you want to interrogate me? Well, then," I said, starting to get annoyed. "I'm not exactly about to lie down my life for you and your freaky buds. So don't expect me to pour it all out."

Natasha slammed her hands on the table and I had to force myself to remain seated.

"I've been through hell and back," she hissed, glaring at me. "And I'm not about to be bossed around by some teen who thinks she knows everything. So, I suggest you 'pour out' now, before I resort to the hard way."

She vaguely patted the guns at her sides.

I stood up, shaking with barely contained rage.

"Don't you talk to me like that," I spat, fists clenched. "I do know more than you do, that's for sure. And I'm smart enough to not 'pour out,' especially not in front of the likes of you."

Black Widow looked like she was about to bust out her guns and shoot me over and over again. But if she did, the team would lose a valuable asset, and she knew that.

Ha. Take that.

She turned on her heel and stalked out of the room.

I facepalmed as the door slid shut behind her. What was I doing?

I had completely lost control of myself.

But hey, everyone gets upset sometimes. It happens. And I'm sure she'll get over it soon; she's Black -stinkin'- Widow. I think she'll be just fine.

I meandered over to my bed and flopped onto it. It was just so comfortable.

And, before I knew it, I was asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<·<Pepper_B_Parker*Alias:_Spyder*Position:_S.H.I.E.L.D._agent>·>

Let's just say that I'm usually a very calm and collected person. This was a unique situation, so please, everyone: Chill out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<·<Natasha_Romanoff*Alias:_Black_Widow*Position:_S.H.I.E.L.D._Avenger>·>

That's pretty far from the truth, lyubitel'skiy.

Not that I'd expect you to know that means amateur, anyways.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<·<Thor*Alias:_Thor*Position:_S.H.I.E.L.D._Avenger>·>

Typing is hard, but it is quite easy to see that Lady Romanoff is not right.