Chapter 28 - New Room

<·<Pepper_B_Parker*Alias:_Spyder*Position:_S.H.I.E.L.D._agent>·>

Quick little message before ya start reading.

Say you're one of those people who hate all of those light yet detailed descriptions of rooms and feelings and stuff. Go ahead and skip this chapter.

If you're not, don't finish reading this author's note and just start with the chapter.

Why?

If you feel bad about ignoring an entire chapter, I'll leave a super-short summary at the bottom.

You're welcome.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Apparently, their interior designer went all-out, just for me.

To start, there were screens for the walls and ceiling, probably programmed to display certain scenes and images. I could probably hack into them and change it, if I wanted to. Then I noticed a control panel marked "Screen Control Panel" and knew there'd be no need to get all computer-techster.

The floor itself was, basically, a hybrid. A hybrid of soft, light grey carpet, birch wood, and creamy diamond-shaped tiles.

Each floor area had a different style: Light grey carpet for the living room area (light blue couches included, and not to mention that hi-def plasma-screen 40-inch television), birch panels for my bedroom area (complete with a king-size bed with light blue covers, a bedlamp, and a humongous bookshelf!), and the tiles for a lab-like part (numerous beakers, spotless tables, and transparent screens galore).

I rubbed my eyes.

Still there.

I pinched myself.

Still there.

I slapped myself (we've all done that at one time or another, right?).

Still there!

Stubborn room, with its fancy everything...

I smiled. I would have so much fun in here.

Then, a wave of previously restrained memories came crashing into my mind. What about Aunt Mae? How would I know if she's strapped to an uncomfortable metal table, being inspected for traces of... me? And what about Uncle Ben's funeral? And not to mention that I'm stinking trapped in here...

I rushed to my new bed and collapsed on it. The bed was so comfortable. I felt one tear leave, then two.

Before I knew it, I was crying. Again. About this bed, about this room, about the Avengers, about my family, or what was left of it. I cried harder. It wasn't fair. I had never done anything horrible; how did I deserve this?

After I could cry no further, I trudged over to the bathroom door. It opened automatically. As I went in, still sniffling, it closed behind me.

I turned and couldn't help but marvel at how... amazing... this room was.

The bathroom floor was completely tiled, but in a blue and green pattern. It was so intricate. The bath and shower were gigantic, and the sink area was, unsurprisingly, very modern and spotless.

I walked over and carefully removed my mask, setting it on the immaculate sink. I slowly turned the sink handle and steamy water poured out.

Beginning to relax, I rinsed my face off, washing away tear stains as well as the weight of the day. I sighed contentedly.

Wait a second, I thought. Since I'll probably be in here for quite a while, why not take advantage of what this room has to offer?

I slipped my suit off, leaving my undershirt and tights on, and turned a knob on the shower.

Water spewed out, getting warmer by the second. I stripped off and tentatively stepped in. It was perfect.

Half an hour later, I came out of the bathroom, suit in hand, smelling like honey and almonds. I was ready to take on the world. Which was a good thing, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<·<Pepper_B_Parker*Alias:_Spyder*Position:_S.H.I.E.L.D._agent>·>

No joke, peeps, but that was literally my thought process back then. Nothing held back.

Fury said I had to be honest, so I will be.

And honestly, it's mortifying.

*ahem*

Le summary:

Really awesome room. Then I cried for a little while and took a shower.