Chapter 38 - The (Relatively Short) Talk, Part 2

I frowned. "To be honest, I'd really rather not. And, for the record, that whole question kind of goes against the whole 'chill and spill' vibe you've been going for."

Peter held his hands up. "All I'm saying is that you can trust us to keep your identity a secret. I mean, you know all of ours, right?"

I thought for a moment. I guess he did have a point. And besides, what harm could come from them knowing who I was? And if Marcy somehow even found out, it wouldn't be just me she would be fighting, it would be the entire Avengers team. Which I was now a part of.

I sighed, giving in. "Okay. You want to see what's underneath the mask?"

His eyes lit up and he nodded vigorously. "Yeah!"

I shook my head, thinking how much Aunt Mae would have reprimanded me for this.

Then, I touched the edge of my mask and began to tug.

I stopped. Aunt Mae!

I immediately lowered my hands from the mask. I saw Peter's shoulders slump, but I didn't really care. All I knew was that Aunt Mae could still be alive and well.

"Peter," I began. "Where's Aunt Mae?"

I saw him take on a very suspicious look. And it was aimed at me. Yaaay.

"My Aunt Mae is safe at home," he said slowly, arms folded. "And that's all you need to know."

I knit my eyebrows. "Your Aunt Mae? How- No. What about mine?"

Spidey looked confused. "You have an Aunt Mae, too? I've never heard of her... I think we'll have to ask Fury about her."

I winced.

"Oh, you're not a big fan of Fury?" He asked, chuckling.

I shook my head quickly, hands folded in my lap.

Peter smirked. "Well, nobody really is... But how about Tony?"

I looked up immediately. "Sure! I'm okay with Mr. Stark."

He snickered. "If you keep calling him that, he'll start to call you Pepper Two or something."

Startled, I nearly jumped up as he said my name, but then realized he was talking about Ms. Pepper Potts. He didn't even know my name. As far as I knew, nobody did. Well, if anyone knew, they weren't telling.

I gritted my teeth as Peter put his hands on my shoulders and steered me out of my room. I shrugged his hands off as soon as the door slid shut behind us.

He looked me over carefully. "Why so tense?"

I took a step back and bumped into the door to my room. "Pfft. What? No, I'm not. You're just... you shouldn't put your hands places they aren't supposed to be, like on me. At all."

Peter shook his head and started walking down the left hallway. "O-kay... Whatever you say, Pepper Two."

I lunged at him, trying to tackle him to the floor. He spun and grabbed my wrists. I head-butted him and he stumbled into the wall.

Rather unsurprisingly, he passed straight through. I sneaked over in case he decided to launch a sneak attack at me. After a few moments, I got impatient and made up my mind. I was going to find him. He couldn't have gone too far, right?

Tentatively, I reached my left pointer finger towards the perfectly normal-looking wall. I squeezed my eyes closed and forced my hand forward. Then, incapable of taking the suspense, I wrenched my hand the last inch.

Sure enough, it, too, passed through. I whooped silently and stepped into the wall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<·<Pepper_B_Parker*Alias:_Spyder*Position:_S.H.I.E.L.D._agent>·>

Yeah, Uncle Ben raised me well. No boys until you're thirty, he used to joke.

At least, I always thought he was joking.