Chapter One

*MESSAGE FROM WRITER. 'Right place, wrong time' WAS MY FIRST EVER NOVEL/SHORT STORY TO WRITE. PLEASE EXCUSE MY SOMETIMES UNPROFESSIONAL GRAMMAR AND STORYLINE BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH TO THE READERS WHO HAVE GIVEN ME POSITIVE FEEDBACK. I REALLY HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AND THANKS EVERYONE! :) *

It was early, must have been about 7am. I felt dizzy and my mouth was disgustingly dry. I lay there in bed next to a dodgy looking stranger who looked about two maybe three years older than me. ''Not again'' i muttered to myself. I thought hard to try remember what had happened the night before, but it was all a blur. This feeling could possibly be the worst feeling in the world, i felt alone, vulnerable and as I stared at the sleeping stranger beside me, I felt disgusting. I stumbled out of bed , grabbed the nearest piece of clothing to me and made my way downstairs. I gazed out the window while the kettle boiled as I tried to re minis of what exactly had happened last night when my phone interrupted me. 'Kendal calling', ''ugh really?'' I sighed. Kendal as my best friend since forever and really I do love her its just lately every time she called me was just to check up on me.

''LEAH? LEAH? CAN YOU HEAR ME?'' Kendal roared through the phone. ''Yes I can hear you now can you please stop shouting, I have a raging hangover'' I replied bitterly. ''Oh thank God your okay Leah I was so worried!'' She sighed. I tried to act as though i knew exactly what she was talking about. '' What? Why wouldn't I be okay? I'm perfectly fine! and anyway why are you calling me at 7am?'' I snapped back at Kendal. She ignored my last question. ''Oh typical Leah! you don't remember last night. You know I'm really starting to worry about you. You really need to control yourself, this is unhealthy'' I held the phone by my side as she ranted on. ''KENDAL, you're not my mother! and even if you were it wouldn't make a difference. I'm 22 years old, I really don't need you fussing over me.'' I said interupting her rant and raising my voice, i was starting to get extremely pissed off at her by this stage. ''You know what Leah, get your life together because were all sick of it! I understand you've had your heartbroken but seriously going out and getting trashed every night isn't going to solve anything!'' And then she said it, her voice faded into the background as a million thoughts went through my head, Why did she have to bring it up? I hated when she brought up my break up with Jamie, it infuriated me. She just brings it up casually as if it was no big deal at all! ''Kendal i'm hanging up, see you at Toast later'' I smashed my phone down on the counter.

''Woah, woah relax, what did the phone ever do to you?''.

I turned around to see the dodgy stranger standing behind me. I laughed awkwardly. ''So em....i guess ill get going then...uh do you em want my number or something?'' He said as he was putting on his chunky shoes. ''Uh sure'' I said uninterested as I grabbed a pen as began to scribble down his number on the back of the newspaper. ''Em sorry, whats your name again?'' I asked as I felt my face burning red. '' Ben'' He replied with a smile breaking out across his face, flashing perfectly straight white teeth. His hair looked like it badly needed a trimming but the colour was beautiful, Rich chocolate brown. It contrasted nicely with hs olive skin. He could actually be quite handsome if he looked after himself. I realised that i had been staring at him for a couple of seconds. He went red. ''Em so i'm going to go, I eh...See ya''. He dashed for my front door and before i even had a chance to reply he was gone. Thank god that's over!