Chapter Thirteen

''Hey babe'' Jamie said moving towards me.

''Hey Jamie'' I said with waves of guilt washing over me. ''You're late, is everything okay?'' Jamie said with a concerned look in his eyes. ''I uh yeah, there was just loads to do at the office today'' I said not being able to look him in the eye. 

Maybe I shouldn't feel this bad , for all I knew, Jamie could be seeing other girls. I doubted it but we hadn't actually talked about our relationship, like how serious we were, but I just couldn't help this feeling that I was being unfaithful to him.

''Can I get your something? Maybe a red wine?'' Jamie said walking towards the kitchen. ''Yes please, I'd love one'' I said taking a seat in his living room. His house I was typical bachelors pad. I sat uncomfortable hoping he would take his time in the kitchen so I could think up excuses as to why I was so fidgety. 

''There you go babe, want anything else?'' He said returning into the room with a bright smile and two tall glasses of wine. ''No thanks'' I mumbled. ''Are you sure you're okay? I mean your awfully quiet?'' He said with that concerned look returned to his face.

''I'm fine honestly, I'm just tired.'' I said leaning back into the chair. ''Okay well good, I was uh hoping we could talk.'' Jamie said moving towards me slightly.

''Okay?'' I said confused. ''Well I just wanted to know like..where we stand? are we exclusive or?'' Jamie said as if he didn't know how to finish the sentence. There was a long pause. What the hell was I supposed to say? 

''I tthought we were taking it slow Jamie?'' I said with a half frown. ''Yeah, but weve been seeing each other for three months now, and like I just thought we should be exclusive by now. I mean theres nobody else I wanna be with, unless you wanna see other people...'' He said trailing off.

''Oh no, Jamie you know your the only one I wanna be with.'' I said lies pouring from my mouth. Well was it really a lie? Did I want to be with Ben? I mean I did enjoy earlier. 

''So whats the problem then?'' Jamie said looking hurt. ''Nothing can we just have this conversation some other time?'' I said rising to my feet. ''What is wrong with you?'' Jamie said jumping to his feet. ''Nothing I'm leaving, you can't pressure me into this Jamie, I'm still healing from what you did before.'' I said rasing my voice. ''Its in the past! Are you ever going to move on or are we just wasting our time with each other?'' Jamie said angered. ''I'm leaving we'll talk later, I have a lot on my mind.'' I said walking towards the door.

I looked back at Jamie, he looked as though his heart had just been ripped out and stomped on. I proceedd to walk out the door. I couldn't drive after the wine so I walked home with thoughts about Ben and Jamie circling my mind.