Chapter Sixteen

''Goood morning Gorgeous.'' Ben said prancing into my office, looking fresh in his grey suit with crisp white shirt.

''Hey Ben.'' I said smiling sweetly

''So, eh, I know we said we would let things between us go for now but...'' Ben said trailing off

''But what?'' I said giggling

''I was wondering if you'd like to come to a family and friend kinda Christmas party with me next week?'' Ben said looking down.

''Wait..on Friday night? In the Middleton Hotel?'' I said looking straight at Ben

''Yes thats the one! Why? How did you know?'' Ben said confused

'Oh because, I'm sorry but I'm already going with Jamie- My ex- well my kind of boyfriend.'' I said embarrassed. ''Oh right I see, well no bother gorgeous. I'll see you there then.'' Ben said smiling.

He then swiftly left my office before I could respond.

I left to go home early from work. I sat on my bed and stared and my beautiful dress I had just bought the other day for the Christmas party. I was so excited.  I wondered if Jamie and Ben would get along?

I pulled my blackberry out of bag bag.

To Jamie

Hi Jay, you home? I was going to call over to get my ipod? I think I left it in yours.

Leah x

I sat down in front of the tv as I waited for a reply. Half an hour passed , I decided to go over to get it. I jumped into the jeep and drove over to his house. I knocked on the door but there was know answer. Obviously there was nobody home. I used my key to go inside. I straight away spotted my purse on the counter, I walked over to get it. ''What the hell? whos there?'' I heard a familiar voice coming from Jamies sitting from. ''Leah? what theee hell are YOU doing here??'' The  words slurring, I turned around to see Caroline standing there half dressed and by the looks and sounds of it, very drunk. 

I hated Caroline, Jamie knew that. What was going on? ''Excuse me? I happen to be dating Jamie. A better question would be what are YOU doing here?'' I asked then suddenly an awfull feeling came over me. 

''Oh oops...yous are dating? Jamie never mentioned that.'' Caroline bit back.

''Whats that supposed to mean? what are you doing here with Jamie?'' I said holding back tears. ''Where is Jamie?'' I said looking past her.

''Hes upstairs waiting for me'' Caroline said with a grin on her face.

I couldn't handle this, He had done it again! I turned around and left his house, I could hear Caroline laughing as I left.