Chapter seven

I woke up and showered and quickly put on my tight black above the knee pencil skirt and white buttoned up shirt and rolled up my sleeves. I grabbed my heels and bag and ran out to my Lexus. I arrived at the Dardis and Co. office building. It was where i've worked for the past few months. I really hated it. My boss was a jerk who spent his time hitting on me even though he's married with kids. He creeped me out. I ran to my office hoping not to bump into him on the way there.

''Good morning Leah, Where have you been all week?'' My peppy secretary Khloe asked with a concerned look on her face. ''Have you been out drinking again? You know you really have to stop this, Its not good for you Leah.'' Khloe added without giving me a chance to respond to her question. ''No actaually, I just had a lot going on.'' I snapped back. ''Oh, I'm sorry is everything okay?'' 

''Yes! God I'm fine.'' I added grumpily. ''Okay good well, anyway good news I guess, Jerry quit.'' Khloe said looking at the ground. ''No fucking way! Are you serious? I'm absolutly delighted, that had just made my week.'' I said with a huge smile. ''Ha eh yes he's gone for good.'' Khloe still looking at the ground. ''Is there something wrong Khloe?'' I asked now concerned. ''Em well I should have been honest with you, me and Jerry were sort of sleeping together.'' Khloe said looking ashamed. ''WHAT? KHLOE! hes married with kids! aaand hes at least 25 years older than you!'' I shouted but I wasn't angry. ''I know i know but I just fell for hime, he quit because his wife found out and left him, he asked me to marry him but I refused, so he said he wanted the best for me and he still loved me, so he left.'' Khloe said begining to cry. ''Oh my God Khlo, please don't cry! Its okay I know how you feel.'' I said looking away. ''Oh i'm so selfish! Gosh sorry Leah I wasn't thinking.'' ''No Khloe, Its fine, so em whos taking his place?'' I said quickly moving on. ''Uh his son.'' Khloe said drying her eyes. ''oh really? What ag is he?'' I said losing interest in the conversation. ''I think 25, hes very nice I met him yesterday.

''You met who yesterday?'' I voice boomed from behind me. I spun around quickl to see a tall olive skinned, dark haired hansome man in a classy suit standing tall behind me. He looked so famililiar, my face dropped and so did his. It was the dodgy stranger! ''Leah this is Ben Dardis.'' Khloe said looking slightly confused.. ''I eh know , I mean Hi, I'm Leah, eh yeah.'' I said with my face burning red and not being able to look him in the eye. ''So we meet again Leah.'' Ben said smartly with a cheeky smirk on his face. ''You guys know each other?'' Khloe asked definatly confused now. ''We eh well em.'' I attempted to talk but I was just so embarrassed. ''What Leah em tried to say was Yes, we know each other, we met at a few days ago at a club , went home together and she never called me after that.'' Ben blurted out bluntly.  Khloe looked speechless as I kept my head down. ''I eh have to go..get the phone.'' Khloe said slowly backing out of the room. ''So em, your my boss now?'' I said still not lifting my head. ''Looks like it gorgeous.'' Ben said slyly winking at me. ''Oh well, em I have to get to work.'' I said shyly walking towards my desk. ''Okay well i'll see you later Leah.'' Ben said then turned aorund and walked briskly out the door.