bonus update

"Did they really make you stay in you house all night... And order you into groups and use technology to turn you into a robot?"

"They- I'm not a robot sweetheart. Who told you that?"

"Lenox." She stated drawing her eyes to the floor.

I cupped her face and let out a small chuckle, note to self no more stories for Lenox, "they did a lot of bad things but they're gone now, and I'm not a robot sweetie."

Her smile lit up the room, "Good I didn't think you were!"

My eyes traveled across her face and she was the most beautiful mix of her mother and myself. With dark curly locks like mine and blue eyes like gnats.

Just then Natalie came in with a stack of neatly folded clothes, Nira jumped up from bed and ran to gnat. So much for bed time.

"Mommy please tell me the story, tell me the story of you and dad I wanna know." Nira whined pulling at Natalie's shirt.

It's a long story." Natalie responded.

"I don't care, please mommy." Nira pouted.

Natalie picked up Nira, holding her in her arms tightly and walked over to bed sitting next to me.

Nira was going to turn eight in a month. It was crazy how fast they grew And she had a crazy imagination. Just then I noticed Lenox peek his head in the door.

"Are you too old for stories now Lenox?" I asked with a smile on my face.

He seemed a bit embarrassed to be caught but shook his messy dark curls. He walked in the room sitting down beside me.

"I'm almost eleven ya know." He stated proudly.

"How could I forget." I hummed, just than Nira looked angry.

"I'm trying to listen Lenox." Nira scowled returning her gaze to Natalie.

My three loves all in one room, I couldn't be happier.

I watched as gnat sat down pulling nira into her lap, as she figured where to start her story-our story, "well it was the year of 2280, and there was something so unbelievably hard about getting up in the mornings, if there were any way I could stay in my bed for eternity I'm sure I would've have found it..."

____________________
The last sentence of my story was the first. Course when she's telling the story I'm sure gnat will spare her children the very gruesome, violent, steamy, and explicit language parts of the story.

Hope you enjoyed this flash forward.