3

[c h a p t e r 3]

It was extremely hard to take in any of his features with the poor lighting. The rain fell easily into the crevices of his hoodie and I felt bad. His eyes gazed down at me looking me up and down, he had the most alluring eyes I've ever seen. Damp chestnut curls were primarily  concealed underneath his hood.

I quickly looked away, not wanting him to think I was weird. I stood in place staring at him closely. I didn't know what to say, I didn't think there was anything else to say.

"I'm only joking, you're excused. Can I go now?" he asked in a low tone.

"Yeah that's all I...just wanted to confront you about the whole shoving thing." I responded slowly, heat forming under my pale cheeks from embarrassment.

He seemed like he wanted to say something, but then it was hard to tell because he had an amazing poker face. He seemed emotionless. He turned to me leaning closer to my level, "Good, besides I thought I was an asshole." he replied cockily.

"You were." I answered. "I was just curious as to why you didn't stop quick to give an apology, but it's whatever I have to go. "

"curiosity killed the cat." he replied as he started to walked away.

"Ain't that truth." I mumbled.

"Hmm?" He asked turning around.

"Oh nothing. You just look a lot different then most people around here, guess I'm a little to curious." I added looking up at him.

"In the future, you really should stop talking to strangers." he said seriously.

I was a little taken back by his statement, "What... Oh okay then,  it's really not my fault, I didn't know strangers could be so hot." I retorted.

I clamped a hand over my mouth. No, no I didn't say that, Did I really just say that. Oh he's gonna think I'm dreadful now. I couldn't bring myself to look at him. Maybe he hears stuff like that all the time.... oh fuck me.

If I just play it cool, oh fuck there's no playing that off. I took in a slow breath before catching his eye, "I mean- like not that I usually think strangers are- I didn't. I should get going, I'm sorry."

I fucked up, Severely. I want to smash my face into a wall. I can't explain the look he gave me. He wasn't angry on the contrary...he looked very amused.

Was it surprise? I'm not quite sure, quite frankly I didn't care one bit. I just wanted to go to the institution before I further embarrassed myself.

"Wait, before you go...whats your name?" he asked.

For a second I thought of giving him a fake name, or maybe not even answering him, but what was the point. It's not like I was ever going to see him again, "Natalie."I confessed my eyes looking down.

"Well Natalie, have a nice day in IOAS. Really I'm trouble it's best you get going, you don't want to be late." he stated.

"Oh I see, yeah wouldn't want to be late." I said a lot slower than I needed to.

"Just will you get going before your late. you need to go." he asserted, his eyebrows pulled down as his hands crossed over his chest.

He reminded me of my father. Well of a father, trying to be stern and sensible but it wasn't going to work with me. He had the look of an organic but the attitude of an artificial. An asshole artificial, maybe he was a hybrid, he had to be.

"Okay." I said simply.

"okay bye."

"Yes goodbye." I said prolonging the situation a little longer than necessary.