6

[ C h a p t e r 6]

I got up quickly and walked behind several feet. I can't believe I did that, what the hell was I thinking. It's obvious he's wasn't interested in me, I only just met him about week ago.

I just can't get over the fact that I was going to kiss him. I know that's wrong, Well I definitely got the picture. We walked for what seemed like forever, definitely over three hours and my feet were starting to hurt. I was expecting him to slow down but he sped up.

"Can you slow down please j-just a little." I called out of breath.

"It's not really a good idea to slow down yet, we haven't found a safe spot." he replied.

"Oh, well I can't walk at your pace. I'm really sorry." I explained as I knelt down steadying myself with my palms against the damp forest ground.

He turned around and gazed up and down my body. I looked at a rock on the ground so I wouldn't have to meet his gaze. I felt him touch my shoulder, I fell forward. Damn, he was fast and really quiet. Like to quiet, my ears weren't that bad I would've heard him going if he was walking that fast. He was so strange, I don't even know how to explain. It's like he's unhuman or something. I can't even give him any explanations.

I couldn't tell if he was agitated or understanding of my awful stamina, "We really need to keep moving. Please, try to getup."  He said offering me his hand.

I decided to not tell the entire truth. It was always for a good cause though, whenever I had free blocks in my schedule I would make up some minuscule excuse to get out of them.

While my legs were truly killing me I knew if need be I could continue for another hour at best.

"I don't know if I can. Please can we rest for the night. I think I might have tore a muscle." I claimed in a exasperated cry.

He looked at my leg closely, he had even knelt down running his hand across it slowly, "No. You didn't, it might be sore but it's certainly not torn. You'll fine. If I didn't know any better I would've believed you, but I do." he responded.

"Okay fine, I'm not hurt but I'm tired, extremely tired. It's called exhaustion that most humans experience, but you probably wouldn't know that because you're superman." I scowled at him.

"You have no idea." he laughed coldly.

"Hey can we, talk about back there. In the field?" I asked awkwardly.

His gaze dropped to the floor slowly, "What's there to talk about?" He said.

My shoulders lifted slowly into a shrug, "Well I thought I should clarify that I was under the impression- that I was, never mind." I explained carelessly.

He then looked at me, his eyes pleading with me to get up. I let out another huff, it just wasn't happening. He groaned knowing that  wasn't moving anytime soon.

"Fine, if you're not gonna walk maybe you can get on my back?" he suggested, "We can lose an other minute of daylight. It's not safe out here during the night."

His proposition seemed ideal enough for me. He took off his book bag and leaned down. I hopped on and wrapped my arms around his neck.

Even though he was a complete mystery with him I had to admire his strength. It was incredible, carrying me and that heavy book bag in the uneven rocky forest. I had to give him credit.

I found myself getting tired but I stayed up. If Zero could carry me and stay awake then so could I. He walked a long long time. I tried making conversation and asking him questions but he wasn't responding to me.