40

40

My vision was blurred, like a film was placed over my eyes. My breathing hitched, and I was at a complete loss of words. It seemed to me that things happened at the worst of times.

"N-Natalie who are you talking to?" Aria asked.

I wanted to speak but I didn't trust myself, oh how crazy I must look talking to myself. No wonder people think of me so lowly. Shaking my head, all my attention turned to her. She looked at me with her warm eyes. Her hands squeezed the bag of ice for my head.

"I uh, must of hit my head real hard." I explained.

"Oh well here's your ice." She said extending it towards me.

That was close, way too close. I took it gratefully placing it on my head. I walked behind Aria keeping my head down, I didn't really feel all that well. I walked in the room that Niall so kindly lent us for the time being, I saw Harry lying on the bed running his hand through his curls, I smiled faintly before sitting next to him. He sat up when he noticed me.

"Hey babe what happened?" Harry demanded softly.

"Just hit my head that's all."I responded.

"Well your thoughts seem pretty fuzzy and clouded. Is there something on your mind. Do you feel okay, you don't look well." He went on rambling.

"Harry please, I'm fine. Just drop it okay!" I yelled holding his hand tightly.

"I was just trying to make sure you were alright. Is that a crime? For wanting my girlfriend to be safe and healthy." He said.

"Well no, it's just-"

"No I get it you want to be alone. Fine I'll let you be alone. Come find me when you want to tell me what's wrong." he spat coldly before leaving me in the bed.

I flinched when the door slammed. I let out a restricted sob, and wiped my eyes. Why was I always complicating and keeping secrets with Harry. God I'm so stupid. If only I could just use my head sometimes.

"Don't cry. I miss your smile" Clayton said his voice filling my head.

I laughed but it sounded strained and fake

"Oh did you now? Then why the hell did you leave me? Hmm...is it really even you?" I whispered softly.

"Course babygirl. You never answered my question, did ya miss me?" He asked.

"You know I did, I was torn when you left me, why? Why would you hurt me like that. I needed you as selfish as that might sound, I did. For years you were apart of my life and you just walked out. Clayton that hurt me so bad." I cried.

"I needed to find myself. I was tired, babygirl I was so tired living through your eyes. I needed to venture out and do something. To reevaluate who I was and am. I'm back though."

"Oh so am I supposed to be okay and happy now. I...ughh, Clayton I thought you'd never come back. Your broke my heart!" I cried.

"I don't know how, you never loved me." he said calmly.

"Bullshit, how would you know how I felt about anyone, let alone you! I did love you in my own special way, and maybe in another time or world we could've been something more. But I did love you so don't you dare for one second say I didn't! " I yelled.

There was silence. Uncomfortable and suffocating, like I was being held underwater. I felt like the ice I was currently holding to my head; cold and numb.

"Natalie I'm sorry. I did what I had to do, I didn't think I would've effected you the way I did, I never stopped thinking about you, but I needed some time to myself." he answered.