21

21

It was a grey cloudy day, looking very ominous outside. However, it wasn't raining and I was grateful for that. My hair stuck against my forehead as I sank down to the ground.

The weather mirroring my mood, I was angry and upset with myself. His pained expression was burned in my memories, the man I killed. I imagine him having two children one boy and one girl. I imagine them crying and sobbing to their mother who is also grieving from the loss of her husband.

They probably want to know what kind of monster could have done something like that. I ruined their perfect little life, creating much more misery than I ever intended.

The only problems they ever had was probably deciding what to have for dinner, now how will they pay bills? What are they going to do on Father's Day.

Harry says that I was a hero but I'm not I'm a monster, a cold blooded monster.

"Natalie it wasn't your fault, please don't beat yourself up." Harry said interrupting my thoughts.

"But it was my f-" I said when he spoke again.

"-No, it wasn't. It was my fault." he stated grabbing my hands.

I held him close, my head resting on his body. It was almost quiet only the wind and my cries could be heard.

His hands wrapped around my waist. I wish things didn't have to be so complicated but they were. I can't change my past but I can change my future. I could choose to be more cautious, everything could have been avoided.

Harry set me down and placed my leg in his lap, examining my ankle that was now bruised and swelling.

I bit my lip to silence my cries, he looked over at me through his lashes, "It's a clean break. I'm gonna have to place it together and weld the ones together, I can't use my saliva since it's an internal injury.. so this will hurt a lot." He explained.

I half heartedly nodded, glanced up at Harry his curls a little distressed from the wind but he looked so beautiful.

He pulled off his belt folding it in half before handing it to me, "to bite, for the pain."

I took it placing it in my mouth, he rolled up the leg of my pants before placing his hands on my ankle. I whimpered, and he grimaced, not enjoying making me cry.

With one solid twist I could feel my whole ankle shoot up in pain. The tears that had began to well up in my eyes fell against my dirty cheeks.

Immediately I felt my ankle ignite in what I could only describe as fire, like my flesh was searing, I looked at Harry whose palms and finger were glowing a radiant light, his eyes were the same cloudy silver they night he showed me his memories.

I screamed biting down on the leather belt, and finally he pulled his hands away, as he moved back his chest heaving. I looked at him with wide eyes, and I really didn't know what he was capable of.

When I looked down at my ankle I expected to see a scar, bruising, even irritation but as my fingers ghosted over the area it was perfectly normal, I let out a gasp rolling my ankle around, and it was perfectly fine. Like I had never injured it.

I stood taking irresolute steps, like a newborn doe, applying pressure to ankle that felt and looked like nothing had ever happened.

"That's crazy." I said finally.

He looked up at me, "are you scared of me?" He asked quietly his voice gentle and urgent, a tone of desperation evident.