12

[ C h a p t e r 12]

Anxiously I played with the hem  of my wrinkled shirt as we waited on the old porch. The door opened revealing a young woman around my age,  who waited until we were safely inside before she introduced herself

"Hi I'm Arris! We weren't expecting you this early, but we're glad to see you." she greeted warmly.

"Er hello..." I said extending my hand out awkwardly, but she pulled me into a hug instead.

"And this is ren." she stating motioning to a man .

He remained motionless, his eyes held steady to the ground while Arris introduced him. A small frown was etched in his face. I wondered if they were a "thing" I took in their appearance and noticed that they looked like they were organics, when I looked down at her wrist I saw the dainty little symbol, she was organic for sure.

"Sorry he's not a very social person, he only smiles when I'm being silly. Isn't that right?" she joked pulling at her dress that was the color of tope.

It revealed lots of skin, As I knew it would after all she was an organic. It revealed her thin midriff. The straps that connected her dress to her head piece fell across her face creating a sheer veil,

"Ren."  gave a curt nod.

"Are you guys a couple?" I asked curious.

There was an awkward ten seconds of laughter that sounded from the both of them, "No we're siblings, he's older by two years." she responded.

"Ohh- I'm so sorry, I was just curious. " I added embarrassed.

"Don't worry about it, its fine-really." she said placing a strand of her almost pure white colored hair behind her ear.

Carefully, I set my bag on the floor while Harry held on to his. I sat down on the couch and relaxed my legs. The couch sank slightly as Harry sat down beside me, a little closer than I expected. Ren and Arris sat on the couch opposite from us.

"You guys must be famished and thirsty, let me go get some stuff." she said leaving the room.

The energy in the room dropped to like zero. I glanced back and forth to Harry and Ren. It was extremely awkward. I decided I would break the silence because I just couldn't handle it.

"I'm Natalie." I said politely.

He looked up at me with a bit of interest.

"Nice to meet you Natalie."

"Pleasure is all mine."

He seemed nice enough, but there was something about his presence that was intimidating- I don't know. His tone, and lack of interest in the conversation. I felt somewhat pressured to keep the conversation going.

Harry made some noise of annoyance. I threw him a glare. I knew he was probably reading my mind so I decided to leave him a message.

Harry please get out of my head.. are you okay? I'm just trying to be friendly, so hush. If you can't do that than you should leave the room...

Much to my disappointment, Harry got up and quickly and left the room slamming the door pretty hard. I let out a sad sigh looking over at Ren, I offered him a small smile. He seemed unsure of what just happened.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asked slowly.

If he only knew. He doesn't know what Harry can do, Ren looks strong but he wouldn't be able to take on Harry. I don't think anyone can.

"No not at all, he's just grumpy sometimes." I said laughing.

"Well same here,  Arris some how manages to get me smile daily." he laughed.