Chapter 20

Oh man... 2 more votes!!! It was sooo CLOSE!!! -3-

But I couldn't wait any longer.. haha... I'm going back to my hometown soon to celebrate Chinese New Year (dunno if you've heard of it.. @,@) but yea.. so I HAD to post today, since it's so close.. :P

And anyways, I'm too excited to get this posted so... here goes.. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Layla had had the best sleep last night. She was now happily humming and gobbling the delicious breakfast Rick had made her, while the four guys stared amusedly at her.

Damon and Rick had told the other two about their confessions, and they were worried, now that Layla knew their story, she would be more apprehensive of having a relationship with them.

Yet, there she was, humming while her legs were swinging back and forth on her chair. She was practically bouncing on her stool at the kitchen counter and it was most amusing to watch.

Pulling a chair over to her side, Matt sat as close to her as he could and smiled adoringly at her. "You had a good night sleep,love?"

"Mmm hmm!" She nodded happily, her spoon still in her mouth as she gave him a happy smile.

She didn't notice the stunned look on Matt's face when she turned back to her food.

Sitting on the other side of her, Damon leaned in close to her and started nibbling on her ear. "Care to share your happy thoughts, cara?"

Giggling, she shied away from his mouth and shook her head happily. She'd planned to tell them her revelation soon, but it was definitely not going to be at the kitchen counter.

"Why not?" Lysander's voice sounded and she turned around to see him pouting at her.

"You want to know why I'm so happy today?" Layla asked, her head cocking to one side.

"Tell us love." Rick answered, standing in front of her and leaning over the kitchen counter.

"hmm... well, since you asked so nicely." She beckoned Rick over, and when her mouth could reach his ears, she whispered loudly so all of them could hear, "It's a secret!!" before she pecked him on the nose and pulled back giggling.

Rick was frozen in his position and so were the other three.

To say they were shocked would be an understatement. But under the shock, there was joy as well.

Was she finally accepting them? Before this, it was always them taking the initiative and kissing her.

Yet she had just kissed Rick on her own, although on the nose, and it was giving them hope that maybe, Layla was finally accepting their love.

Layla giggled at their shocked expression but she was too happy to respond. She finished her breakfast and leaned forward to kiss Rick again on the cheek. "Thanks Rick for the delicious food! I love your cooking." She whispered shyly, then she slipped off the stool and skipped back to her room to get bathed and changed for work. It was Monday and as much as she wanted to stay and laze around with the four hunks in their house, she had to earn a living.

Meanwhile in the kitchen, the four guys were still in a daze.

"Did she just kiss me or am I just in another one of my daydreams?" Rick muttered, his eyes unfocused and his lips in a dreamy smile.