Chapter 2: Julia

My phone is ringing. I look at the clock. 1:00 A.M. Who on earth could be calling me at this hour? I pick up the phone.

"Hello?" I say groggily.

"Oh! Thank God you're up Julia. It's me, Vanessa." She said.

I just roll my eyes. "What do you want?" I say.

"A man attacked me on my way home." She says calmly.

"Well, are you hurt? Did you called the cops?" I say, wondering how she could be so calm.

"No. I'm fine." She said.

"So what are you calling me for?" I ask angrily.

" The weird thing is, when I told him my name, he let me go."

"Uh-huh. That's nice. Can I go now."

"Uh. Ok. But your not worried?" She asked.

"Are you hurt?" I ask.

"No." She replies.

"Then I'm not worried. Goodnight." I said, hanging up. I go back to sleep.

****

I wake and get ready to school. When I get there I hear some people whispering about Vanessa getting attacked. How on earth did they find out!?

As I walk to my locker I see Vanessa talking to some girls.

"Yeah, This guy attacked me. I offered him money but he didn't go away. He asked me for my name, I told him, Then he just disappeared." I heard her say. She had told the guy her name?!

I walk up to her and pull her away from the group of gasping girls.

"You can't just go telling people that. What, you think it's gonna make you popular or something?" I yell. "Plus, you told him your name?!"

"Yeah. I already told you this. Where was your head at the moment?" She replies.

"Uh. Well, at One O'clock in the morning, my head was in sleep mode." I said.

"Whatever." She says.

"Aren't you gonna call the cops?" I said

" I promised him I wouldn't." She says.

"Well, you know there's something called lying. People lie you know."

"I know but I'm worried he's gonna come back to get me if I do." She says.

"Oh come on. You can't just-"

Ring!

"Bye" Vanessa says, walking away.

"Hey! I'm not done talking missy!" I yell to her.

Oh well. I can always talk to her later. I better get to class.