Chapter 24: Sebastian

Vanessa leaned against me as I held her. I inhaled her scent as I rested my head atop of hers. She smelled like honeysuckle.

   When we finally released each other, I noticed how sweaty she was. She must have really been working up some stuff. It actually looked kind of sexy.

   "I need a shower." She said and went upstairs. 

   I let out a huge sigh and took a seat.

   "Ugh. What am I doing?" I said to myself. 

   "I don't what you're doing man, but you gotta get handle on those hormones of yours."

   I look up and see Will standing there.

   "What do you mean?" I ask.

   "You really think I wouldn't figure out what happened between you two last night?" He said laughing. 

  I just rolled my eyes and laid back in the chair.

   "So tell me exactly how you figured it out." I said. I kinda already knew how though. Especially after seeing Vanessa this morning. She was on edge and very tense every time she was around me.  

   "It was the way she moved and how she froze when she saw you this morning. She's bad at hiding things too."

   I chuckle and just roll my eyes again.

   "I think I'm in love and it's killing me." I said.

   "Tell me about it." Will replied.

   "Excuse me. You never told me anything about a girl. So who's the lucky lady hmm?" I said with a smile.

   "It was awhile ago. I just couldn't get her outta my head." He replied.

   "Well... Who is it?" I said.

   "She's probably dating someone now. It was last summer." He said. He hung his head.

   "Who is it?!" I said. Starting to get frustrated. 

   "Her name's Juliet." He finally said.

   "Wait a sec. Is this the Juliet from when we went to Denver and she disappeared? The one you said you had a great night with?" I ask.

   He shook his head yes.

   "Oh my god. Um.. There's something I have to tell you about her. She's Vanessa's best friend. And you're right. She is dating someone now." I said. I hope I didn't hurt him or anything. He's my best friend. 

   "I never knew that and I figured she was dating someone after this long." He replied.

   "Sorry bro." I said.

   "It's fine. I have to see her though. I didn't want her to think I gave up." He replied.

   "You shouldn't do that. But if you really want to, I guess I'll help you."

   "What about school by the way. The professors will wonder why we didn't show up for the past few days. Are we going tomorrow?" He asked.

   "Yeah. Vanessa's going too." I replied.

   "Dude, what if she tries to leave or something?" He asks.

   "She doesn't want to." I replied.

   "Oh I see. That's understandable." He said with a smile.

   "What? No. Shut up Will." I said laughing.

   He raised his hands up in surrender. "Just saying dude. I think the reason why she's staying is because of the good sex." He said, bursting with laughter now.

   "Um.. About that. She was still a virgin." I said.

   He was really laughing now. He doubled over and nearly fell over. 

   "That's hilarious." He said.

   I just rolled my eyes and took a swig of beer. 

   "Wait. You're not kidding?" He asked.

   "No dude. I'm not kidding." I replied.

   "Oh my god. With how the world is nowadays, I'm surprised she didn't lose it at the age of 16 like my little sister did. I nearly killed her when she told me. Our parents didn't care." He said.

   "I'm sorry but that's sad and yet also funny." He continued to laugh. 

   I just sat there drinking my beer and started to think about last night.