Chapter 22: Vanessa

I woke up feeling great. I found clothes in the drawers and got dressed. I brushed my hair and noticed a little red mark on my neck when I looked in the mirror. I rubbed it and felt a little bit of pain. Last night was unexpected.

    I had never felt anything like this until Bash. I'm not exactly sure what I feel though. I just feel different. I wondered if it would be awkward to see Bash after our encounter. I wonder what time Will got home and if he was here part of the time. I wonder what Bash was thinking right now. I had so many questions about what happened last night and if it meant anything.

    I'm usually not one of those girls who are like that. Who are always wondering if the sex they had just the night before meant anything to the guy and if not, they'd just burst into tears and crap, being very emotional and putting too much drama behind it. Just get over it. The guy didn't like you so why try going after somebody who'll never get back together with you and waste all that good time; But this was Bash we're talking about. I know that's what a lot of other girls say too when their friends are trying to cheer them up, but in this case, this situation I'm in right now. You know, the whole kidnapping thing. I was an exception. A very special exception.  

   After I finished brushing my hair and got my thoughts together I finally went downstairs to face the source of my anxiety. Surprisingly I didn't see Bash downstairs and figured I could eat breakfast without seeing him at all this morning. I quickly got a small plate of food and headed outside. Flapjack automatically knew I had food and sat down by my chair. Begging. I gave her a half of piece of bacon and she gobbled it up immediately. 

   I had finished eating and threw my plate away. I came back out and sat in the chair. Flapjack jumped into my lap, started sniffing me for food and licked my face. Her paws dug into my jeans as she tried to get comfortable. I just laid there, closed my eyes and let the sun warm my skin. 

   Will startled me as he came outside and sat in the chair next to me. I looked at him and noticed the dark circles under his eyes. 

   "What's up?" I asked. 

   "I think the better question is what's up with you." He replied.

   I think he knows. I felt my cheeks burn a little.

   "I was being sarcastic. I'm just tired that's all. But now that I mentioned it. Really, what's up?" He asks.

   I turn my face away. "Nothing." I reply.

   "Yeah right. Spill the beans." He said.

    "Come on, spill the beans. I know you and Bash kissed in the woods. Don't mess with me."  Will said. I try to reassure him that we didn't. Even though it was a lie. It was me and Bash's little secret. We were no older than sixteen years old. Just messing around in the park that only  me, Bash, Noah and Will knew about. It was fall. The leaves were brightly colored and scattered all over the ground like a painted autumn picture. Will and I were leaning against two trees opposite of each other and our legs entwined. 

   "I saw you two dorks. You tell me you didn't kiss him."  He said. 

   He was acting like a girl who wanted to know everything about your relationship with your boyfriend. Even though Bash and I aren't even dating. 

   "Fine. We did kiss." I said. Finally giving up on trying to keep it from him. 

   "Ha! I knew it!" He said. Sounding like a girl again. 

   We both started laughing. Then Bash came from behind a tree somewhere. 

   "What are you guys laughing about?" He asked. I just giggled even more.