Chapter 30: Vanessa

I'm 13 again and walking through the woods laughing.  I trip and stab my hand on something. It starts to bleed uncontrollably. It hurts so bad and I can't fight back the tears. 

     "Oh my gosh. Are you ok Vanessa?" Bash says as he takes his jacket off and wraps it around my hand. I notice there's blood also coming from a tear in my arm. By now I am bawling my eyes out like a little baby and could care less if I'm embarrassing myself. 

     'Shhh. It's ok. We're only 20 minutes out now." He says.

     He starts kissing my temple and my left cheek. We start walking and Bash is holding my hand. 

"Vanessa  if you don't get out here right now, I swear I'm going to kill you." 

As Bash and I come into the clearing, my mom is running around wildly with bloodshot eyes. When she gets a good look at me she stops.

     "Vanessa! What the hell happened to you?" She said.

     I start to feel woozy and tipping over.

     "She's lost a lot of blood." Bash says.

     "I don't ever want to see your white ass hanging around my daughter ever again you hear? Don't come back."

     I crashed to the ground and my vision went black.

     "Vanessa. Vanessa! Vanessa!" Is blaring in my ear.

     I wake up as I feel someone shaking me. Sebastian is staring at me with a crazed look in his eyes. 

     I jolt up and almost knock heads with him.

     "How did you find me?" I ask

     "It was the only place I could think of that you'd run to." He replied.

     "How did you know?" I ask again.

     He starts to laugh.

     "What the heck is wrong with you? Why can't you just answer the damn question?!" I said.

     "Come on. Where is the car by the way?"

     I hid my face from him because I didn't want to see his reaction. We left my old house and started walking through the woods. I'm thinking about my dream and I don't think it was blood loss that made me faint. It was barely a scratch.

     It felt like we had walked for hours by the time we reached a clearing. I stopped when I looked up to see the same swing set from my memories of me being a kid. 

     "Why do you look so surprised?" 

     I didn't reply.

     "How.....?" I started.

     "You, Will and I were the only ones that lived here. The only ones who knew that there was people actually living in this area was us. No one knew about this place. It's in the middle of nowhere. Your great grandfather built this swing set and he died with no one else knowing about it until I happened to find it. I fixed it up."

     I was so confused at this point that I didn't even bother trying to ask questions and I just let him talk. It sounded unbelievable.

     We walked in silence after that. All the way back to Sebastian's car. 

      "So, what happened to my old car?" He asks as soon as I shut the passenger side door.

     "Someone stole it." I replied.

     His face went pale and he looked like he was about to get really angry. He shrugged it off and started driving. 

     "I'll just get a new one tomorrow." He said.

     I gape at him. How much money could a man have? He said it so carelessly.

     Once we reach the house I see William waiting for us in the doorway. 

     I went upstairs with Sebastian falling close behind me.

     He closes the door and turns to look at me.

     "Why did you run away?" He asks.

     "I had to. Something went down." I replied.

     "Like what?" He asks.

     "I can't really explain because I'm still trying to figure out the puzzle myself." I reply

     "Whatever" He says and rolls his eyes at me.

     "Hey! It's not like some stupid girly thing like a period or some shit ok! You wouldn't understand. My brother called me." I say, trying to make it seem less than a yell when technically I really just want to scream at his face. 

      "Then make me understand! What happened?" He replied.

     I bit my lower lip. I don't really want to tell him now that he yelled at me. Yeah I know right. So mature and lady like. What I don't understand is, why did this guy take me in the first place?

     "Would you stop that?" 

     He gave me an annoyed look.

     "Stop what?" I asked.

     He lets out a sigh and comes up to hold me. I just stand there awkwardly not knowing whether or not I should hug him back. 

     "Please tell me you're not gonna do that again." He says. His breathe is warm against my ear.

     "I don't understand why you are so worried. Did you really think I wasn't going to come back?" I said. I began to get frustrated.

      "Yes." He replied. He looks at me and stares. As if I'm the only thing he wants to look at for the rest of his life. 

     Our noses touch and then all of a sudden we're kissing. He pushes me towards the bed and I start pushing him away.

     "I don't think now is the time to be doing this." I said glaring at him.

     "You're right. I'm actually really tired." He replied.

     "Hmmm. I wonder why." I say smirking at him.

     "Very funny." He said sarcastically.

     He runs into me and we crash onto the bed together. He starts tickling me and I can't help but laugh.

     "I love it when you smile." He says. I felt my cheeks  get warm as he said it. 

     He kisses me on the forehead and then nestles his face in the hollow of my neck and shoulder. His warm breath sent tingles. 

      We sat there for awhile and then I realized that if I listened close enough, I could here the little snore of Sebastian. I started to move off the bed and stopped when I felt his arm and leg wrapped around me. I guess a nap wouldn't hurt. I am actually pretty tired myself.