Chapter 5: Vanessa

I love my house!

Before I do anything I call Julia.

"Hello?" She said.

"Hey Julia, it's me Vanessa. You're not going to believe what just happened."

"What?" She asks.

"My parents gave me my very own house and complete with some furniture too." I said excitedly.

"You're right, I don't believe it. Who in their right mind would do that?" She replies.

"I know right." I said. "Anyway I gotta get going so I can get started on unpacking. Bye." I finish, hanging up the phone.

***

After about a day or two, I'm finally unpacked and it's dark out. I yawn and stretch, then I head up the stairs. I lay on my bed and close my eyes.

I hope I locked my front door. Ugh, I'm too tired. Oh well, who is gonna come into my house in the middle of the night anyway.

I finally go to sleep a few moments later.

***

I hear floorboards creak, which is what wakes me up. I see a body shaped shadow dash across my window. I jump out of my bed, look around and find nothing. Then I hear his voice.

"Vanessa." he said, coming out of the shadows. I didn't get a good look at his face because I ran like a mother fucker.

I ran out my door and ran to Tyler's house which was a few blocks away. I looked behind me, which probably was not the best thing to do. He was right there chasing after me. I reached Tyler's porch and banged on his door. Thank god he was still up. He opened the door and I ran through.

"What's wrong?" He says as I slammed the door and locked it.

"There was a man chasing me through my house and I came here." I said, gasping for air.

"Let me check it out." He said.

He goes out the door. "I don't see anyone." He said. "Stay here. I'm gonna go check the house." He finishes, leaving me here at his house.

A few moments later, he comes back.

"I checked out the house, everything's ok. Do you want me to walk home with you?" Tyler asked.

"Will you think of me as a scaredy cat if I said yes?" I reply.

"No." He said.

We started walking down to my house. I walk through my door.

"Do you want to tell mom and dad?" Tyler asks.

"No, I'm ok." I replied.

I close the door and made sure I locked it this time. I went upstairs and went to bed. After awhile, I fell asleep.

***

(A/N: Who do you think the guy is? The same one who got her in the dead end? Send pics of who you think he looks like. Please VOTE and COMMENT. Special thx to followers.)