Chapter 15: William

I always come down here to blow off some steam and if I get frustrated or upset. I guess you could call it a man cave, but it's not that much really. 

   It's a red carpeted floor with two leather recline chairs. A flat screen with mahogany wood bookshelves on either side of it.  Two beanbag chairs in the corners. All sectioned off with a wall that has a bar. 

   On the other side is just plain concrete floor with a couple of blue and black mats. There's a punching bag in the center of the room. Some weights lined up on a rack near the corner. Benches near the east wall. Boxing gear in a closet on the west wall and a computer right next to it.

   With my hands wrapped up, I walk toward the punching bag .

   I think about the incident with Bash's father... Wham! I hit the bag as hard as I could. I think about Noah, that time in the rain when we were little kids. That was the day Bash had his first kiss, which was with Vanessa. Noah and I played in the mud. Why did he have to get sick?...Wham!  I hit the bag even harder.

   Remembering everything they did to Vanessa, her memory, family. I hit the bag so hard I feel like I'm going to break my hand. This time, I keep punching. My fists becoming a blur as I punch faster. Remembering everything my family did to me, how Bash's family helped me and now that his dad is gone. He was a great person. It sure beat having my dad. Then Vanessa came into my life. I'm so ticked off about what they did to her.

   "Hey, are you OK bud?"

   I stop beating the punching bag to death and turn around to see Bash. I can feel the sweat trickling down my forehead. 

   "Yeah. I'm fine." I replied. "Shouldn't you be upstairs to make sure Vanessa doesn't try to leave?"

   "Nah. She's too curious to find out what's happening to want to leave." He replies. "Besides, I don't think you're fine. Vanessa said you've been down here for about a half an hour."

   I hadn't even realized I had been down here that long. 

   "It's just everything dude. I don't know what to do, so I just decided to come down here and do some stuff." I say.

   "Yeah, I know what you mean. Mind if I join you?"  He asks.

   "Not at all. Be my guest."