Chapter 17: Vanessa

As I hear him leave with the car, I am left breathless with not knowing what to do next. I left his room and decided to go downstairs to the basement. When I get to the bottom, I'm not surprised by what I see necessarily, but it's not exactly what I was expecting. It's a man cave, but not exactly. 

   I found William sitting in one of the recline chairs.

   "Mind is I join you William?" I ask.

   He turns his head around and is a little surprised to see me. 

   "Uh. Sure, take a seat. Can you just call me Will though?" He replies

   I take a seat in the other recline chair next to him. It feel so comfortable. I sink in only slightly. I see that he has a drink in his hand.

   "Sure. Can I have what you're having?" I ask.

   "It's just a scotch on rocks. It's not that good to be honest." He replies.

   I shrug my shoulders.

   He gets up and goes to the bar to pour me a drink. He hands it to me and sits back down.

   "So, what exactly did you do to Bash to make him leave?" He asks. 

   "I didn't do anything. All I asked was that if he could just tell me exactly what he wanted me to remember." I replied.

   He lets out a huge sigh. I'm guessing that didn't mean anything good. We sat there just watching the football game going. It was college football. Ohio State v.s. Penn state. 17-21 in the 4th quarter. We waited all the way to the end. Penn State got 7 more points and beat Ohio.

   I'm not a big fan on watching college football, or any football for that matter. I'd rather be playing it then just sitting there.

   "Do you like to play football?" I ask.

   "Sometimes. I like practically all sports to some level." He replied.

   I take a sip of my scotch. He's right, it's not that good; but I guess it is to some people. I hear someone coming down the steps. I look to my right and see Sebastian standing in the doorway. My feel my cheeks flush as I remember the kiss we shared about twenty minutes ago. He looks at me and turns away. I down the rest of my drink and go see if they got anything better than scotch, which I'm sure they do. I head to the bar and find some whiskey. What will it hurt? I pour some in a shot glass. I pause when I see Sebastian take his shirt off. He has a bullet wound on his upper left shoulder and three raking scars on his lower back. They look like fingernail markings. 

   "What happened to you?" I whisper aloud without meaning to.

   He turns around and looks at me. I immediately chug down the shot in my hand. He has a six pack and a nice little V line leading into his pants. He chuckles under his breath as he wraps his hands up. 

   "I got shot." He says.

   I roll my eyes. "No duh." I replied. 

   He smiles, showing his cute dimples.

   "I was talking about the fingernail markings." I say.

   He stops smiling then. He turns around to finish wrapping his hands and starts walking toward the punching bag. He starts hitting at it. Slowly at first, then picks up the pace.

   "I got attacked." He replies.

   "By what?" I ask.

   He continues to keep punching the bag, going harder this time.

   "By a wild animal." he replied.

   I pour another shot and gulped it down. I have a feeling he's lying to me. 

   He stands there for about another ten minutes punching it nonstop. After about my fourth or fifth shot, he stops. Sweat gleaming on his chest and trickling down his forehead. I swear the sweat on his body is sexy as hell. 

   "You know, you really shouldn't be drinking that." He says.

   "And why not?" I ask.

   "Never mind." He replies, letting out a huge breath.