Chapter 12: William

"Where to next Bash?" 

   "Home Will." he replies.

   "Roger that." I said.

   It takes about an hour drive. I look in the back seat and noticed that Vanessa had fallen asleep. 

   "Must be exhausted from doing whatever she was doing." I smile. "I think she's starting to remember Bash."

   "Mhmm. And soon she'll know the truth." He responded.

   "Let's not give our hopes up just yet Sebastian. I know you love her and all, but she just doesn't remember. I'm sure the doc made the transition very thorough so she couldn't remember anything by any means. I care about her too. She's my best friend."

   "Yeah, I know." He sighs. "Hey! I thought I was your best friend." He says smiling.

   "You know what I mean." I responded.

   "Yeah, I do." He finishes, smiling.

   I continue to drive until we pull up to his driveway and stop by the curb. I hop out and open Vanessa's side door. 

   "I got her." Bash says.

  I shrug my shoulders and head to unlock the front door. I turn around to see if Bash needed any help with Vanessa but it looks like he's got it under control. I guess weight lifting really pulled off when he went on that trip to blow off some steam. Man, he was like, out of it. He didn't even come back till like a week later. Ever since then he's just been doing workout after workout and stuff. I really hope Vanessa gets her memories back. Maybe she'll only get the good ones. That would work out lovely, but we all know the truth behind that. None.

   I walk through the door with Bash following behind me carrying Vanessa. He walks up the stairs and takes her to the bedroom. I plop myself onto the sofa and wait for him to come back down. 

   He jogs back down the stairs and plops a seat next to me. 

   "Thank you." He says.

   "For what?" I respond smiling.

   "For sticking around and being there for me." He replies.

   "Is someone finally starting to get soft on me?" I ask smiling.

   "No. I'm serious though. Thanks."

   "No problem." I said.

   "I'm gonna hit the pillow." He says.

   "Sure. You're just trying to find an excuse to go check on Vanessa again. I know you'd never go to sleep this early." I replied.

   "NO."

   "Then I'll come with you." I say, sliding off the couch. 

   "Dude. That's weird." he replies.

   "Nothing weirder than kidnapping a girl and letting her sleep in that room up there." I said smiling.

   I follow him up the stairs and he pauses at the bedroom where Vanessa is sleeping. The door is open and I look in. I smile as I see her curled up in a ball beneath the blanket and snoring. It's not the type of snoring people get annoyed by when they're trying to sleep though. It's like a cute little snore that's barely noticeable. 

"She looks adorable when she's sleeping." Bash says.

   "OK. Now you just made it weird by saying that out loud." I said laughing. 

   He shrugs his shoulders and starts walking down the hall. Once we reach the end, we part ways and head to our separate rooms. I automatically lay down in my bed; but I know that Bash will go in his closet, pull out a box of memories and go through it before hitting the pillow. That's just his thing. He said it will help him have good dreams and whatnot. Another way of making things weird. But that box is filled with Vanessa. Everything that reminded him of her. It helped him cope when they took her away. Then took her memory.