Chapter 3: Vanessa

Well, today is the day I move to San Francisco. I'm kinda looking forward to it, but then again I'm not.

  I pack up the last box in my room and head out to the truck. I know it's going to take a while to get there so I'm going in the car with mom, while dad and my brother Tyler go and take turns driving the truck all night. I fucking can't believe I'm going to miss graduation. This is bullcrap.

  We start to leave and head to our new home. I don't even know what it looks like.

***

  "We're here" I hear my mom say as I start to wake up.

  I look out the window. The house looks beautiful. Red brick, old fashion wooden door, wide windows with flowers dangling from the ledges, Purple shutters and it's as big as a mansion. How could my parents afford this?

  "This is your house." Mom said to me.

  "What?" I asked, completely confused.

  "Yeah, well we thought you might want to start living on your own. We also got a nice house for Tyler. Your dad and I got a house of our own." She said.

  What kind of parents buy a whole mansion for themselves, and one for their two children each.

  They're trying to get rid of us, that's what kind of parents they're. I can't believe we were even that rich in the first place.

  "Are you trying to get rid of us?" I ask.

  "No." Mom replied. "You and Tyler are basically grown adults now, your birthday is coming up and we just thought that this would be a nice suitable gift for you guys." She said.

  "Thanks mom. Can I go see inside?" I ask.

  "Of course. Besides we're unloading your stuff first."