Chapter 25: Julia

"What's wrong baby?" 

   I turn my head away from Logan. I wish could turn back time and go back to last summer. 

  Logan kisses my neck. I shove him away.

   "Stop it." I said.

   "Are you ok?" He asks.

   "I'm perfectly fine. I want my space that's all." I reply.

   He huffs and puffs and finally leaves me alone. He acts like a baby. I can't wait to break up with him. I'm gonna do it tomorrow. Why do some guys have to be such jerks? I just wish there were more guys out there that are like that one guy I met last summer. 

   Usually tall dark and mysterious guys are bad news, but this one seemed better than the rest. He never even told me his name.

   It was getting late and I needed to shoo Logan out of my house. I know he'd probably want to stay the night and that's not gonna happen. Why didn't I just hook him and Vanessa up again instead of dating him myself. I guess I saved Vanessa from the douchbag that he was. She owes me one. She had gotten mad at first when she found out we started dating. 

   "I'm gonna head out." Logan said around the corner as he walked toward the door. "Love you."

   "Love you too," I replied. As soon as he closed the door behind him, "Not." I said aloud.

   I went to my kitchen, took one of my dad's bottles of wine and poured me glass. He never really cares. Actually he doesn't even notice. My dad is so drunk all the time that he thinks the reason all his wine is going faster than normal is because he's drinking it all. My mom needs to divorce him. He's had more than one affair with so many different woman, I'm surprised she hasn't already, let alone take all the money he's got. 

   For some odd reason, my parents absolutely adore Logan. I don't even know why. He has no manners. He a jerk to them too. I guess they're just happy that I found someone and that I won't be alone all my life. Pfft. Please. They know I can do better than that. 

   I go through the pictures on my phone and stop on the one I took last summer of me and... I just wish I knew his name. 

   He had really thick blonde hair and he had piercing blue eyes. I always wondered what it would be like to kiss him. 

  I think about the time we almost did kiss. Before Cassidy interrupted, and dragged me away to go look at something. I felt like I was in another world when I looked at him. He almost reminded of the guy from Fifty Shades of Grey who plays as Mr. Grey.

   I hear the door open and see my parents walk through. Of course my dad drunk as ever, my mom carrying him in. She had already almost thrown out her back trying to get him in the house before. He collapsed on the floor and started to snore. I just roll my eyes and get up to help mom. 

   "I got it." She says. 

   "Mom, let me help you. Come on." I say as I try to put one of dad's arms over my shoulder. 

   "I said I got it. You shouldn't have to drag your drunk ass father upstairs." She says.

   I look at her and see tears in her eyes. I continue to help.

   She trips over dad's feet and stumbles. Luckily we made to the couch before we fell. 

   We set dad on the couch, my mom plops herself next to him and burst into tears.

   "I'm so sorry." She says.

   "Mom, it's ok."I say, trying to get her to stop crying.

   "No it's not. I should've have left him years ago. We used to be so in love and now..."

   She started to cry even more. 

   "Mom, I'll help you dump his douchbag ass." I said very confidently.

   "Hey. Watch your language." She snaps.

   "Hey. You know it's true." I said with a smile.

   "Did I ever tell you how much I love you?" She says.

   "Don't worry. You don't have to mom. I know you do." I replied.

   We went upstairs and into the master bedroom and started packing up Rick's things.

   I'm so glad I don't have to call him dad anymore. I don't even bother folding up his clothes.

   Mom and I throw his stuff outside. It was snowing like crazy. 

   We picked Rick up and dragged him outside, we laid him on the snow covered grass. We didn't bother to put a blanket on him.

   We closed and locked all the doors, windows and any other way there was to get into the house and made sure he didn't have a house key on him. 

   We set off the alarm to make sure he woke up and didn't freeze to death outside.

   Mom and I saw the look on his face. He ran to the door shivering and banged on it.

   "Goodbye Rick" My mom yelled.

   "What are you talking about?! Let me in. I'm freezing!" He screamed.

   My mom and I turned away from him and did an embrace. 

   We walked up the stairs and headed to bed.

   I know it seemed cruel to do that, but he damned  well deserved it.