Chapter 10: Vanessa

"What's your last name?" I ask.

   "It's Caudwell." he replies. 

  Why does he trust me so much? Nobody in their right mind who is kidnapping somebody would tell you their whole name.

  "And if you would like to know my middle name, it's Christopher." He says. "You're asking  all the right questions. If I was in your position, I would surely be asking those exact same questions and also how I know you so well."

   "SO... How do you apparently know me so well?" I ask.

   "Well you see, it's a very long story and I want you to figure it out by yourself using that pretty little head of yours." He replies. 

   He puts his finger on my temple, then traces it down to behind my ear and cups my cheek. He looks at my lips as if he's dying to kiss them. 

  I clear my throat and he snaps out of it.

   "You know, you look like an angel with the snow falling around you." he says, pulling away from me. As if trying to resist a certain urge.

  The driver hops out of the car in a rush. 

   "Bash! We've got to go, we've been here too long. We want this place to stay the way it is. Let's go!" 

   "OK William! Be right there." Sebastian replies.

   "Your name's Bash?" I ask.

   "It's just a nickname. William's my best friend. I call him Will."

  Just then, I have another memory.

   We're at the same place but this time, it's not snowing. I'm older in this memory, maybe about 13 years. Bash and Noah are there; But so is someone else that wasn't there before. It starts to rain. The unfamiliar person throws a small mudball at my face. 

   "Will! That wasn't nice." Bash says. 

   "I was just messing around. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings Vanessa." Will says.

   Noah makes a medium sized mudball and throws it right at Will's face.

   "Come here you little squirt." Will says in response. 

   He advances towards Noah and attacks him playfully. They roll and play wrestle in the mud. It's raining really hard now. My dress is soaked. Bash looks at me and laughs. He has a great smile.

   "What are you laughing at?" I ask him. 

   "You have mud on your face" he smiles. 

   He walks up to me and wipes the mud off my cheek with his thumb. I look at his eyes. They're still that pretty hazel color. He looks at me and freezes for a  moment. 

   "Let's play truth or dare." Will says. 

   Bash snaps out of it. "OK." He replies.

   "I'll go first." Will says.

   "OK. Truth or Dare?" Bash asks.

   "Dare of course. You know me." Will replies.

   "OK. I dare you to eat some mud." Bash responds.

  Will goes to the puddle of mud sitting there, scoops some up, reluctantly puts some in his mouth and swallows.

   "Your disgusting dude." Bash laughs.

"I know. Your turn." He giggles "Truth or dare?"

   "Dare." Bash replies.

  " OK." Will says devilishly. "I dare you to kiss Vanessa."

   "What? Why me?" I asked.

   "Because you're the only girl here. Duh." Will says.

  "Nah, I can't do that to Vanessa. Can I choose truth?" Bash asks.

  "Nope, too late. Now you have to." Will responds. "Are you chicken?"

   "OK, only if it's OK with Vanessa." Bash replies. "Are you OK with it? It's just a dare."

   "Yeah. Besides I don't think you're a chicken." I laugh.

    He smiles. 

   "And it has to be 10 seconds long" Will says.

  "What?!" Bash say in reply. "Quit messing with us."

  "OK, OK. Just get it over with" Will says laughing. 

  We walk towards each other and pause for a moment. As if calculating everything that could go wrong with this situation. 

   Bash is slightly taller then me so when he kissed me, he had to bend his head a little. This was my first kiss. I kinda liked it.

   I saw Will and Noah snicker. I stood slightly on my tiptoes to surge into the kiss. After I did that, I saw the look of surprise on Will's face. Bash closed his eyes, and I closed mine. We stood there for about one more moment before we stopped and looked at each other. 

  "I was just kidding about the 10 second rule thing guys" Will says, looking shocked.

  I wanted to tackle him to the ground and mess with him since he was messing with us. Just as I was, I felt Bash holding onto me. I hadn't realized it until I started to move towards Will. I looked up at him. I knew there was something happening between us, but I brushed it off. Thinking it was nothing. 

  " Come on Noah. Time to go home." Bash said before walking off. 

   As soon as they left, Will came up to me.

  " I think he likes you." He says before leaving as well. 

   " Vanessa.." 

   I snapped out of it. I see Sebastian gazing at me with bewilderment. 

   " Come on. Let's go."