Chapter 26: Julia

I woke up feeling great. Now knowing I don't have to listen to Rick's lectures and yelling at me all the time for how useless I am to the family. I make breakfast and start to make some coffee. Mom startles me as I hear her yawn from behind me. 

   "Hey mom. I made some breakfast." I say.

   "Thanks sweety." 

   She sits down and starts to eat the food on the plate I set in front of her. 

   "Bye mom. See ya later." I say. I place a kiss on her cheek, grab my backpack and head out the door. 

                                                                                 ***

   I wasn't really looking forward to school today, but I trudged through it. And when the final bell rang, I was outta there.

   I walked out the front doors. The campus was beautiful. I never got a chance to really notice it. 

   I headed to my car and drove down to Logan's house.

   When I got there, I gathered all my courage and confidence and knocked on his door.

   You wouldn't believe who answered it.

   It was Rick.

   "You! What the hell did you tell your mother last night?" He yelled

   "I didn't have to say anything you piece of shit. She knew what a terrible dad you were to me and a terrible husband you were to her. She finally realized she didn't love you anymore. What the hell are you doing at Logan's house anyway Rick?" I say.

   Logan comes out from behind the door.

   "Now, now. Let's talk about this Julia." He said.

   "There's nothing to talk about Logan. In fact, I actually came here to break up with you. So now that that's out, good day to you." I say and storm off.

   Before Logan could say anything, I was in my car and already pulling out of the driveway. 

   When I got home, I decided to read a book. I actually read a couple different books.

   It started getting late and I thought I'd go out for a little drive. 

   I drove to the abandoned bridge and sat on the edge. No one ever came here anymore. 

   I laid down and looked at the night sky. The stars are out and they are beautiful. I wasn't scared of falling off because there was only about five feet of water beneath the bridge. 

   I closed my eyes and thought about the dream guy. I sighed.

   "I had hoped that for the slimmest chance, you'd be here." 

   That voice scared the crap out of me and I fell into the water. It was freezing cold.

   "Juliet!" Was the last thing I heard before my head went under. The clothes I wore brought no warmth. I had turned into an icicle. But I didn't care, because I knew only one person who would ever call me by my real name. My felt my heart jolt.

   Even though it was only five feet of water, I was flailing. I couldn't breathe. 

   Strong arms wrapped around my waist and lifted me out of the water. 

   He moves my wet hair from my face. I look up at him and my heart stops. It really is him. I could feel the warmth of his hands through my cold wet clothes.