Chapter 19: Sebastian

I wonder what she was thinking that entire time she was standing there gazing. I was finally finished and I noticed she was staring at me the entire time.

   "Do you want to come upstairs to eat something?" I asked her.

   She stopped gazing and nodded her head. We both head upstairs and entered the kitchen. I could smell Will's famous grilled cheese. She was in for a treat. Will's grilled cheese was the best I've ever had. 

   He was just finishing the sixth one and slid it onto a plate with the rest. The cheese was oozing out from between the slices of bread, my stomach started to growl. 

  I sit at the table and automatically grabbed two. I know that it's gonna be the only thing I eat for the next 4 to 5 hours. Will always makes at least two for each of us. He made six this time since Vanessa is here. She sat down next to me and grabbed one. 

   I wonder what type of ham Will put on them this time. He'd always make it different. There was honey ham, spicy, brown sugar, plain and so on and so fourth. 

   In the current situation and the way we were arranged at the table, it kinda reminded me of the movie "Duplex." I always thought that was hilarious. My brother and I have watched it over 10 times.

   My first time watching it with Will, he couldn't stop himself from laughing throughout the entire movie. 

   I look at Vanessa as she takes a bite out of her sandwich. She closes her eyes and chews slowly. I smile, she has a little bit of crust in the corners of her mouth. He had put spicy ham on it this time. 

   "Good?" Will asked her, smiling.

   "Yes" She sighs. 

   After she finishes the first one, she grabs the last one and takes a big bite out of it. I had only gotten through half of my first. 

   After she had finished the second one, she heads upstairs.

   "Don't you want to go check on her?" Will asks me.

   I should be worried, but I'm not. I trust her so much, I'd give her my life.

   "No." I replied a few moments later.

   As soon as Will finishes, I clean up and wash the dishes. After I finished them, I see Vanessa come back down with a book in her hand. It was "Princess In The Silver woods."

   "I see you found a book you wanted to read." I say.

   "I've already read this. I used to love it when I was a little girl. I always wanted to share this with my daughter when I have one. I'm gonna read it again." She replies.

   I already knew this. What was funny was she said when she has a daughter, not if. I never knew she wanted to have a daughter. I knew the other part though, about loving that book when she was little. 

   "Well, you're welcome to an of the books up there." I say.

   "Thanks." She replies. 

   She takes a seat on the couch and opens the book. I always smile as she does her little procedure when she gets a new book. She runs her fingers over the cover and traces the 3-D title. She always does this thing where she's about to turn the page, she holds the edge and starts to crinkle it a little. It was just her thing. She loved the feel of the books. That's why there was her very own library in the room she sleeps in.

   The book that was in her hands right now though, was already partly worn out from all the times she's read it. The crinkles she leaves behind, already there. She makes an odd face, shrugs her shoulders and begins to read.