It's Not The End

"Sexuality: bisexual
Age: 14
Gender: female
I was sitting in the basement with my mom. I had been waiting all day for the rest of my family to go to bed. I was incredibly nervous, even though I knew for a fact that she is an ally and would still love me. Eventually, I just spit it out, "I think I'm bisexual." She was quiet for a moment, but not too long. "And why do you think that?" She asked me. "Well, I've been feeling a little differently about girls in general, but specially *my best friends name*." "Okay." Was all she said. It was enough, it had been said and I knew she didn't care. The next morning, when she came to wake me up, she told me she didn't think most if the world was ready. She pretty much asked me not to tell a lot of people. I had already known that, and the list includes my father, my grandmother, my aunt, my uncle, and my cousins. And most of my friends. I told my sister as well, and as much as she still acts like the sister I know and love, she is still under the impression I'm just a BUG (bisexual until graduation). I know that she will eventually come to terms with it though. I've only told two friends whom I see very rarely. Everyone I have told however, are totally nonchalant about it, we can joke and stuff. So even though my story isn't the best, I know how many people wish they could have the support I have. Everything will be okay in the end. So if it's not okay, it's not the end."