Art Class Debates

So this is something my friend texted me and gave me permission to post anonymously on wattpad. I am Hannah in the story. He is Alex.

I was so scared to come out. I mean, I'd known I like guys since I was eleven, but it was still terrifying to think about sharing it. I would cry at night a lot at first, but it went away as well as most of my fear.

I wanted to tell my best friend Katie. So I waited. I would tell her on Friday.

Tuesday was art class.

"No, one direction is gross", argued Katie.

"Are not!", shot back our friend Fiona. Our other friend Jules watched on in amusement.

"No, they're ugly"

"They're so not ugly"

"Well, most of them are ugly."

Fiona smiled. "Aha! So you do think one of them is attractive!"

"Well duh", Katie rolled her eyes. "Have you seen Niall?"

They went on to bicker for a while.

"Alex, who's the hottest in your opinion?", Katie asked. I froze. How did she know.

"Katie, what the heck? How would he know if they were hot?", teased my friend Julia.

"He's a guy, sure but he's not blind!", she fought back.

"Niall's my favourite too", I chuckled, figuring it was harmless to say.

"AHA!", Katie spurted. "See? Even Alex days so! I love Alex. He doesn't even care if we talk about guys or anything, he's awesome."

And then I sort of stopped thinking.

"I'm gay", I mouthed to Katie. Her eyes got wide.

"You are?", she replied.

"I am", I mouthed back.

"Oh cool. So why do you like Zayn, Fifi?"

And that's how my life continued as if nothing happened. I'm even out to the school now. I was incredibly lucky.