Time to Stop Trying

Age: 14
Sexuality: Polysexual
Gender: Male (FTM transgender)
Instagram: f.i.r_trash042

My mother has always been a very accepting person, or at least that's what I thought.

Nearly a year ago I attempted to come out to my mother for the first time, through a video. My step father made me take the video down before anyone had even watched it. Fast forward a few months and I try again, this time sitting down to have a heart-to-heart with my mother. She told me that I don't know what I'm talking about, it's teenage rebellion, I need to do more research, etc. So, being the person I am, I took it all in, reevaluated everything, and tried once more.

The third and final time I tried was through a well written letter, she still has yet to acknowledge it. I don't plan on coming out to her again due to some recent events.

Recently my mother and step father having saying some very transphobic things about some FTM friends of mine. It's gotten to the point that I'm uncomfortable having them anywhere near my friends, it is also to the point where I do not feel safe coming out.

As for being polysexual, I don't think I'll come out to them with that either, seeing as they can't accept the existence of non-binary genders.