Transtastic

I'm Rian, and I'm a gay trans male.

So about a year ago, I identified as pansexual. Since then, I typically just call myself gay because I hardly have interest in other genders, just mostly other guys. Back to the story, I figured it was time to come out as pan. I'm pretty bad with face to face things, so I did it over Facebook over a series of posts.

"Hahaha remember when i thought I was straight"

"im attracted to pans" that was a joke, by the way haha

"I'm pansexual"

that was about it. So everything was okay for a while until my mum saw it, which I knew was going to happen. Not much was good about what she said, but it could have been worse.
"How did this come up? Are you sure? I think it's just a phase. You'll get over it. Did you talk to your therapist about it? No? Then how do you know? It's a phase."
So yeah, since then she's accepted that. But then came the nightmare of coming out as trans.

So again I used a Facebook post. I posted in the middle of the night so yeah I couldn't get any sleep. Finally I woke up and waited for my mom to see the post. Similar conversation. "you're just taking after Caitlyn/Bruce Jenner. it's a phase. it's okay, girls your age go through phases. did you talk to your therapist? if you didn't you can't possibly know. don't go to school telling people you're transgendered."
So that felt like a bullet going though my chest. I did end up coming out that school year, which she was not happy about. I just wanted to feel happy because I knew I couldn't go another year in the closet. it was going to kill me. I had supportive friends though. I was shocked to find out 99% of people were really nice and accepting about it at school. back to my mom. I was of course punished for trying to be happy. I got all social media (save Wattpad) taken away and had to clean the house. not regular cleaning. at least 5 hours of work every single weekend, usually more, of really intense and unusual cleaning that usually physically injured me in some way. that went on for about 6 months. since then nothing's changed except I got out of the cleaning. she's yelled at me for binding and trying to look like a boy, sometimes forcing me to buy (but luckily not wear) really girly clothes.
so yeah. that's shitty.
moral of the story, know your parents opinions about this stuff before coming out