Christians Don't Have To Be Straight

I'd rather not include my name, age, or gender (I'm agender tho) simply because someone who I'm going to mention reads this book. Anyway, here's my story."Around the end of February of 2015, I discovered that I like girls. For the longest time I thought I was bi, and I hated myself for it. Me and my whole family are Christians. I thought 'This is wrong, I can't like girls!'

It really scared me. I fought it for a while. But sometime around August of that same year, I realized, I like all genders, and there was nothing I could do about it. For a while I thought that being bi and being pan were the same thing, so I would generally say I was bi. But I noticed someone who was agender. I liked them. I realized the difference between bi and pan, and I realized I was pan (don't include this bit, but I recently realized polyflexible). I was really really scared though.

But eventually I accepted myself, and didn't care what people thought.In late September last year, I decided it was time for my parents to know. I told them I was pan ace. I was so terrified, I was almost to the point of crying. But I couldn't keep putting up with them assuming that I'm heterosexual and homophobic (literally everyone in my house is extremely homophobic). They showed me some scriptures that supposedly said the being anything other than straight is sinful. They just terribly misinterpreted those scriptures. They just talked about men pretending to be women (not transwomen tho). I thought they would at least be okay with me being asexual, but they went on this long, stupid thing about sex being 'natural' and 'beautiful', and that it even said in the Bible that sex is good for you. They said that someday I would meet someone and want to have sex with them. That really upset me, because although I am completely repulsed by sex, I didn't choose to be ace. It hurt.

But after all that, they said they'd pray for me, and they hoped I would stop this 'sinful behavior' soon. Then they grounded me for 3 months. They keep forgetting about my sexuality and keep acting surprised when I have to remind them. It's upsetting that they keep forgetting something they made such a big deal about. I honestly hate all of this. However, I'm happy being who I am. I'm being the pan ace Christian I am. I'm happy liking one of my best friends. I'm happy being able to talk about people I like who aren't male with my sisters and my friends. I'm happy that I'm me.

For everyone out there, accepting yourself for who you are is honestly more important then having others accept you. As long as you're happy with yourself, that's all that matters. Others can come later, if or when you want them to.