Chapter 21- Getting Started

"She has a boyfriend" Cristiano said shocked. "Have you asked her?" Katia said. "No of course not. Since you don't really think" Elma said. "Does she have a boyfriend?" Zé asked. "I honestly don't know. But she's young and beautiful. It would be hard to imagine she didn't have one" Katia said.

Boyfriend. She wouldn't have agreed to have his baby if she had a boyfriend. Would she have Cristiano thought? He knew she was scared. A boyfriend would make things very messy.

"Sorry to interrupt" Molly said knocking on the door with Rodrigo at her side. "But this little one is bored of me and wants to play with his papa" she said as Rodrigo ran to Zé.

All eyes look at her.

"Why do I always miss the good bits" Zé moaned. "Would have thought the breaking and entering would have been the fun bit" Molly said and Katia and Elma's eyes nearly burst out of their eyes. "Breaking and entering" Katia yelled. "Wow she finally speaks" Zé said. "And I'm sure she'll kick you again too if you don't leave soon" Cristiano groaned.

"Care to share?" Elma asked. "Not really" Cristiano mumbled. "What did you do?" Katia asked. "It doesn't matter" Molly said and Cristiano sighed in relief. The last thing he needed was to tell his sisters about breaking into Molly's place.

"Cristiano you can go too" Elma said. "Why?" he asked. "Leave little brother" she said and he looked at Molly who gave a slight nod.

"Are you ok, Molly?" Katia asked as Cristiano closed the door to the garden. Molly nodded. How was she meant to answer? It's not everyday you agree to carry someone else's child and then give it up.

"Have you thought this through? This is a big decision to make" Elma said ushering her to take a seat at the table. "I know it's crazy" Molly said. "I could kill him for taking advantage of you like this" Katia said. "He's not" Molly said and Elma rolled her eyes. "Molly you needed money. Be honest if you didn't you would have never agreed to do this" she said. Elma was right, Molly thought. She never would have agreed if she hadn't needed the money.

"Ok yes I needed the money. But I've agreed now and you're not going to change my mind" she said. "I guess we won't" Katia said. "Molly what does your boyfriend think about all this?" Elma asked. "I don't have one" she replied. "Let's wait to tell Cristiano that. Let him sweat" Elma said to Katia who laughed a little.

"Well next week should be fun. I know Rodrigo will like having you in Lisbon with us" Katia said. "Lisbon" Molly asked confused. "Cris said that you were coming to Lisbon with us and was going to see a doctor. Has he not discussed this with you?" Katia asked. "I didn't think that it would be so soon" Molly said.

"Well the sooner the better for my brother by the looks of things" Elma said. "Have you thought how you are going to keep the pregnancy a secret from your family and friends?" Katia asked. "I'm not planning on seeing much of them" Molly said. She actually hadn't thought about what she would do.

"We'll have to think about what we are going to say to the doctor too" Elma said. "What should we say?" Molly asked. "Well the doctor will know you aren't just carrying the baby. I mean you're not using someone's egg. Oh you get what I mean" she said embarrassed. "Just tell him that she's carrying when of our cousin's baby or something" Elma said.

Molly felt so out of place as she sat in the doctor's office. She hated doctors and now she was going to have an examination by a complete stranger with Katia who was also a stranger. "Now Ms. Williams" Dr. Frenz said taking a seat behind his desk. "I'm going to take some bloods and run a few tests. I can't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to carry a pregnancy to term, having reviewed your medical history" he said and Molly nodded.

"That's good news" Katia said from the seat next to Molly. "I have to ask this especially since you are of such a young age. But are you certain this is what you want to do Ms. Williams" he asked Molly. "Yes it is" she said after a moment's hesitation something which Katia couldn't help but notice.

"Ok then. My nurse will take your bloods. But first if you could get into this gown and I'll examine you" the doctor said handing the gown to Molly. "Ok" she said and went into the side room.

"Oh God" Molly mumbled to herself as she took off her clothes. She felt so nervous and she wasn't even been inseminated today. She could do this. He'll be finished with his examination soon she thought.

"Are you ok?" Katia asked as the doctor left the room after he had examined Molly. "Yes" she said bringing her legs under her. Katia hadn't like the way Dr. Frenz had been looking at Molly when the women had walked into his office. And Molly certainly didn't enjoy him touching her. Although Katia wouldn't have liked it either. She never liked visiting her gynaecologist.

Katia and Elma had discussed their brother's plan at length. They still didn't think it was a good idea for Molly to do this but she wasn't going to have her mind changed any time soon.

But they were going to give a good go at convincing her it was a bad idea.