Chapter 28- I Really Messed Up

The sun shun through the curtain and Molly rested her head against the chair. It had been five days since she had arrived at this house. Well that's what she had been told. Her body still burned with pain. She rubbed her eyes with her hand. She should try and sleep but she knew it was worthless. Every time she closed her eyes she saw Dr. Frenz. She saw that smirk on his face as his finger ran up her leg. "Oh God" Molly mumbled and ran to the bathroom.

"Molly are you alright?" Elma asked holding Molly's hair from her face as she sat by the toilet. "Thanks" Molly said as she wiped her mouth. "I'm surprised you have anything in your body to throw up since you have only eating a slice of toast in five days" Elma said handing Molly a wet cloth. "I told you I'm not hungry" Molly said.

"Molly please talk to me" Elma pleaded. They all kept asking her to talk. But she didn't want to talk. She just wanted to crawl under the covers. "You need to sleep" Elma said. "I don't need to" Molly said. Sleep meant she dreamt. And she couldn't dream anymore. "I could ask my doctor to prescribe you something to help you sleep" Elma said. "No" Molly shouted and walked out of the bathroom. "No drugs and no doctors. Just leave me alone please" Molly cried.

"Anything?" Nuno asked as Elma came into the kitchen. "She just wants to be left alone" she said. "Nuno can you drive me to her apartment please?" Dolores asked coming down the stairs. "I can drive you" Cristiano said. "Nuno can you?" she asked ignoring her son.

"Sure" Nuno said grabbing his keys. "Why are you going to Molly's apartment?" Elma asked. "I thought she might want some of her things around her." Dolores said. "It might help keep her mind of things if she was busy with her school work" Elma said. "That's what I thought" Dolores said.

"Ready to go?" Nuno asked. "Yes. I was thinking of phoning her parents too" Dolores said to Elma. "Surely she would have phoned them if she wanted them" Elma said. "She's not thinking straight" Dolores said. "Máe don't. The last thing she would want is to see her mother" Cristiano said. "Well you don't exactly make the right choices so I don't care what you think" Dolores said.

"Máe blame me all you want. Scream and yell at me. But involving her mother will only make things worse" Cristiano said sternly. He might have been questioning his decisions lately but he knew for certain Molly wouldn't want her parents involved. She needed a break from them. "Fine I won't for now" Dolores said and headed towards the door.

"I hope you're not thinking what I think you are thinking" Elma said turning to her brother. "And what is that?" he asked looking at the stairs. "She wants to be alone, Cris" Elma said. "I just want to see if she's ok" he said. He hadn't seen her at all. Molly hadn't left the bedroom since she arrived. "She needs to get through this in her own way" Elma said.

"Molly" a voice said brushing her hair of her face. Molly screamed at sat up in the bed. "Get away from me" she screamed. "Molly, it's ok" he said but she screamed and pushed him away. "Molly" Dolores said as she ran into the room. "What are you doing here?" she yelled at her son. "I heard her shout" Cristiano said as his mother pulled him away from Molly.

"Get out" she yelled.

Elma rushed to Molly's side and held her as she cried shaking in her arms. "She had a bad dream" Cristiano said. "Get out Cristiano" Dolores shouted. "I didn't do anything" he said. "You've done enough already" she said and Cristiano gave one last look at a frightened Molly before he left the room.

He had been walking to his bedroom when he stopped outside her door. He just wanted to see if she was ok but he knew he shouldn't. But then he heard a shout and when he opened the door he saw her twisting and turning in the bed. Mumbling to herself. He had walked over to her side and tried to calm her. But when she opened her eyes, she screamed. She was afraid. Afraid of him, he thought. She had never been afraid of him. Even when he had broken into her house. He always thought she hadn't been afraid of him.

"I thought you went back to your room" Elma said as she closed Molly's door. "Is she ok?" he asked looking up from where he sat on the floor against the opposite wall. "Máe is sitting with her" she said.

"I didn't do anything. I just wanted to see if she was ok" he said. "She's been having nightmares since well you know when. She hasn't been sleeping much and when she does she has dreams" Elma said sliding down the wall to sit next to her brother.

"I really messed up" Cristiano said banging his head against the wall. "What has happened, happened and mind you don't hurt yourself. I know you have a big head but we don't want your brain cells getting any more damaged then they already are" Elma joked.

"I'm surprised she's still in the house" Cristiano said. "She's still in shock I guess, Maybe Maé is right. Maybe we should phone her parents" Elma said. "I've been wrong about a lot Elma but I'm right about this. She won't want them" he said. "I hope you're right Cris. And I hope she talks soon because I'm starting to worry about her" Elma said.

Cristiano stared at the closed door. He was worried too. Really worried.