Chapter 26- It's Your Fault

"She is a very lucky lady" Dr. Alex said to Elma as they stood at the bedroom door. "He gave her a drug known as a date rape drug. She was lucky the IV drip was slow and it didn't get into her system like he had hoped" she said. "But" Elma said knowing there was something else. "But she had a bad reaction to it. That mixed with the shock of what she has been through I think she'll be asleep for quite a while yet" Dr. Alex said.

"The poor girl" Elma said. "She's bruised from the fall and her face will hurt from where she was hit. Plus she will find her throat sore too" Dr. Alex said. "Did we get there in time?" Elma asked. "If you mean did you stop her from being raped then yes. From what I can tell and what I have been told, I don't think she was raped. She's heavily bruised on her thighs but I think she managed to fight him off. How I don't know but she did" Dr. Alex said. "Thank you coming" Elma said to her own doctor. "Your welcome. If she needs anything else just call. And I'll send you some contact information so she can speak to someone about what happened today" she said. And Elma nodded.

"Máe" Elma said looking at her mother who sat on the side of the bed watching Molly. "The doctor said she'll be ok" Elma said. "That's good" Dolores said pushing a lock of Molly's hair behind her ear.
"I'll show you out Dr. Alex" Katia said standing from a nearby chair. "Stay with her" Dolores said to Elma. "Where are you going?" Elma asked as her mother headed to the door. But she received no reply.

"How's the hand?" Zé asked Cristiano as he sat motionless staring at the stairs. Something he had done since he had gotten home. "Good thing he's not a goalkeeper" Hugo joked replacing the ice pack of his younger brother's knuckles. "Some crazy day" Zé said. Understatement of the century Cristiano thought. He saw Katia come down the stairs with the doctor and began to stand. "Stay" Hugo said and Cristiano sat back down on the stool.

The look in Molly's eyes when he saw her on the floor in the doctor's office. He felt sick just thinking about it.

"How is she?" Cristiano asked rushing to the stairs as his mother slowly made her way down. "Asleep at the moment. Tomorrow will be a different story when she realizes what happened today" Dolores said standing on the second last step of the stairs so she was eye level with her
youngest child.

"Máe" Cristiano said but stopped talking as his mother's hand came across his face.

"I have never felt so disgusted with you in all my life" she shouted as loud as her voice would allow her to. Cristiano held his cheek and stared in shock at his mother. "What you have done to that young girl is inexcusable. You but her in that situation today" she yelled. "Máe" Hugo said. "You might well have been the one who hurt her" she yelled.

"Máe" Cristiano pleaded. "Stay away from her. Do you hear me? Stay away from Molly. All of you" Dolores shouted at the men who stood in front of her. And she stormed up the stairs leaving the men staring in shock at her.

Cristiano out his foot on the stairs. "Don't Cristiano" Katia shouted and he put his foot back onto the floor. "You heard Máe. Just leave them alone" Katia said. He looked at his sister.
How did all of this happen? he thought.

"Come sit back down Cris. The girls will look after her" Hugo said taking his brother by the elbow. "Katia" Cristiano said after her as she began to climb the stairs. "Ya" she replied. "Did he?.... Did he?" he stuttered. "No he didn't Cris. He didn't rape her" she said and walked up the stairs.

Cristiano fell onto the couch. Thank God, he thought. "Cris it's not your fault" Zé said. "Shut it Zé" Hugo said as Cristiano stared at the stairs. He wanted to see Molly. He needed to see she was ok but he knew his mother wouldn't let him. He never saw that look of disgust in her face ever.

What had he done?