Chapter 75- She's Got To Be Alright

Noise erupted in the room as Dr. Alex lowered the bed flat. "What's happening?" Cristiano shouted. "We need you both to leave" Alanna said wrapping Junior tight in a blanket. "What's wrong with Molly?" he asked. "Please give us some space" she said as she handed the baby over to another nurse. "I have a low pulse. I need oxygen and an IV" he heard as he left. He couldn't see Molly on the bed. She was surrounded. All he could hear was the beeping of the machines.

The blinds to the room closed. "She's going to be ok? Isn't she? Women don't die during child birth anymore" he said to Alanna who had made sure him and Elma had left the room. "She in good hands. Please stay here. I'll come tell you what's happening soon" Alanna said disappearing through the door.

"What's taking them so long?" Cristiano said looking at his watch. "How long has it been?" Elma asked. "Five minutes more since the last time you asked" he said as he leaned against the wall opposite Molly's door. Elma sighed. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that" he said looking to his right at his sister. It had been twenty minutes since they both had been kicked out of the room and no one had told them anything. People had just come and gone in a rush. She has to be ok he hoped. "I can't stand the wait" Elma said. "Me neither" he said.

"You could never wait for anything" she half smiled. "Tell me what happened again?" he asked. "Like I already told you she was fine. She was chatting to me. She looked tired but she had just had a baby. But then she started to shift in the bed. The next thing I know the monitor were going off and she's slumped on the bed" Elma said choking up. "She's going to be fine" Cristiano said pulling his sister closer to him. He hoped. He wished. He didn't have a clue. The door opened and one by one people left the room. "Dr. Alex will be out in a minute" one of the nurses said. They waited. And waited. And waited.

"Fuck this" he said. "Cris come back" Elma shouted after her brother as he took the seven steps to the door. "What is happening?" Cristiano asked once in the room as he heard Molly gasp behind him. "Molly" she said. He walked closer to the bed. She laid so still and so white. With an oxygen over her mouth. "It looks worse than it is" Dr. Alex said appearing by his side.

"We've stabilised her for the time been" Dr. Alex said. "For the time been. What's that supposed to mean?" Elma asked. "She's not out of the woods yet. Her heart rate suddenly jumped too quickly and couldn't cope. And she lost a bit of blood" she said. "She's losing blood" he said running a hand through his hair. "Not anymore" Dr. Alex reassured. S

he looked so weak he thought as he stared at her in the bed. "Her pulse was very low. She had a tough few hours. "Her body needs time to recover. We've given her an IV drip to help her" she said. "I heard you say she had a low pulse" he said. "She had but she's stabilised now. There was a moment when I did then that I'd have to intubate her but we're along way from that occurring again" Dr. Alex reassured.

"So she's not going to wake up anytime soon?" Elma asked. "Not for a while no. She needs time. We'll monitor closely for any changes. You should get some rest yourselves" Dr. Alex said.

"We need to tell Maé and the others what's happening" Elma said and Cristiano's attention turned at the turned at the sound of a baby's cry.

"I'm taking this little fella next door to weigh him and feed him. Why don't you come with us?" Alanna asked gathering Junior in her arms. He looked between Molly and his son. "Go with your son Ronaldo. I'll stay with Molly" Elma said. "She's just going to sleep for another few hours. We'll come get you if there's any change in her condition" Dr. Alex said. "Let's go so" he said to Alanna and he followed her out the door slowly.

Alanna preceded to weigh Junior who wiggled and cried as Cristiano paced the room. "Try not to worry" she said and he looked up at her. "I know it's easier said than done. But if Dr. Alex thought there was anything serious to worry about. She'd move Molly to the hospital" she said and he nodded. She didn't look good at all he thought.

"It's ok little man. You'll be back with Mama soon. But how about you give papa a cuddle" she said to Junior and handed him to his father. "I'll get him a bottle. Just comfort him. It's been a long few hours. Enjoy time with your son" Alanna said leaving Cristiano alone with his son for the first time.

He looked down at the brown eyes that were staring up at him and stroked away the tears on his cheek. Cristiano closed his eyes and slightly prayed to his papi. To ask him to make sure Molly would be ok. She had given him so much. He never thought this could happen.

"She's got to be alright" he mumbled opening his eyes to find his son staring up at him with his beautiful hazel brown eyes.