Chapter 42- Did I Distract You Enough?

"I'm sure I could think of a use for you" he smirked as his hand touched her zip. "No" Molly screamed and sat up straight in the bed. She panted trying to catch her breath. "It was just a nightmare" she mumbled to herself as she tried to forget what she had dreamt. Why was her thoughts on Tony of all people? Molly couldn't understand. She had little moments of flashbacks about Dr. Frenz when Cristiano touched her. But she was trying her best to block them out. Which was getting easier since a part of her was beginning to like Cristiano touching her.

"It's just nerves" she mumbled out loud and laid down on the bed again. The room was so quiet expect for the tick tock of the clock on her bedside table. It felt strange to be in the room. In the apartment. The last time she slept in the apartment was before she went to Lisbon. To Lisbon for the in-virto procedure.

Cristiano had been surprised when Molly had informed him that she was moving out of his place. "But why?" he had asked. "Because I need to get back to normal" she had said. "And you can't do that here?" he had asked as she had packed.

"I need to do this ok. I need to leave the house. Go to the shops. Be alone. Look I can't really explain just please don't fight me" she had pleaded. He couldn't keep her locked up in the house and he wasn't given much of a choice since Dolores and the others had all agreed with Molly.

She was grateful for all the help his family had given her, but they weren't going to be around the whole time. She needed to get used to been on her own. When she went to registered for an art class, she realized she felt better about been out on her own. It had been the first time she had left the house other than the time she went to college for one day. Cristiano hadn't understood why she was leaving. Molly just figured he was annoyed he couldn't touch her when he wanted to if she wasn't under the same roof as him.

She heard a noise and flicked on the lamp. This was ridiculous. She hadn't even been gone 24 hours and she was a wreck.

"No one is here" she mumbled to herself. He took her phone in her hand.

"Óle" he said into the phone. "Hi" she said surprised she hadn't meant to dial his number.

"What's wrong?" he asked. "Nothing" she said leaning against the pillows. "Are you sure?" he asked. "Ya I'm fine. I was just sleeping. I mean I was just about to go to sleep" she said quickly. "How's the apartment?" he asked. "Good. I mean it's lovely. Exactly the same since I was last here. Very quiet" she said.

"Want me to come over?" he asked. "What. No. No. There's no need. I'm fine. I don't even know why I phoned. Guess it's weird not having annoying me" she said. "The day's not over yet" he joked. "I should go to bed. I'm sorry i disturbed you" she said. "Molly you can talk to me anytime. In fact I'd rather listen to you then Elma. I was only watching TV" Cristiano said. "Oh well have fun" she said trying to sound happy. "Molly" he said before she could hang up. "Are you sure you don't want me to come by?" he asked. "I told you that I'm fine. Really. I'll be at yours later in the week anyway" she said. "I'd feel better if I came by" he said. "Why?" she asked.

"Elma's worried about you and it would put her mind at rest" he said. "Oh" she said. "Well like if it would put Elma's mind at ease then I guess you could come over" she said. "I'll be there in 5" he said hanging up.

5 minutes. Why did he say that? Cristiano thought as he watched her living room light come on. His mind wouldn't stop thinking about the night Tony had broken into her apartment. The look on her face. He just wanted to make sure no one was around outside her apartment. Plus Elma was annoying him.
"That's enough time" he muttered and opened his car door and headed across the street.